NPD is searching for an energetic leader to develop and launch the MyDigiStuff initiative which will provide an exciting new source of consumer purchase behavior data. MyDigiStuff collects online, emailed, and brick & mortar receipts from participating consumers for an ongoing record of everything they’ve purchased.
The right candidate for this role will be a trailblazer with an entrepreneurial spirit and fearless passion to launch another of NPD’s strategic and visionary programs. This will be a 2,000 participant strong pilot program to be launched as soon as practical. This role will be responsible for the overall project with an emphasis on product design and applications of the data, and in particular proving out the value of this data source to clients. These efforts will lead to a final business plan in twelve months, evaluating the potential for a commercial-scale rollout in the US, North America, and potentially globally.
NPD will provide expert support as needed to insure the success of the project including Research Science, Product Management, Marketing, and Operations/IT.
- Complete responsibility for building and launch of My DigiStuff initiative
- Direct the team to successful implementation of NPD’s My DigiStuff receipt collection system
- Develop and promote high-value prototype information products for retailers and manufacturers based on data collected and processed in the Receipt Scanning project
- Assess client acceptance and overall market opportunity while validating with actual sales of prototype solutions
- Build the rollout business plan, including firm cost and revenue estimates, and organizational requirements for full global rollout.
The NPD Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer
- A strong and enthusiastic business leader who can also function on a team as well as manage the team on a path to success
- Out of the box thinker with start-up experience preferred
- External client focus or deep manufacturer/retailer experience
- Tracking service experience
- Ability to work with data, finding meaning to help create strategy, insights and products
- Financial acumen and business management experience, MBA is a plus
- High level of commitment and availability
- 7+ years market research or information business experience
The NPD Group helps its more than 2,000 clients fatten their coffers by giving them the skinny on consumer behavior. A global market...