Executive Director Oregon Liquor Control Commission Executive Director
Description: The Oregon Liquor Control Commission (OLCC) has an exceptional opportunity for an experienced leader to serve as the Board's Executive Director. The Executive Director is appointed by and shall serve at the pleasure of the five member Commission. This is a full-time, executive service position located in Milwaukie, Oregon.
If you are hired, you will become part of the State's Executive Service Team. Subject to general policy direction from the Commissioners, the director provides overall leadership for the agency in fulfilling its mission.
This position is responsible for developing strategic direction, setting and accomplishing agency goals, overseeing all agency programs and operations, interacting with the legislature and the media, establishing partnerships with government agencies, private industry and members of the public to reduce the misuse of alcohol and increase the sale of distilled spirits.
Minimum Qualifications: Eight years of management experience in a public or private organization which included responsibility for each of the following:
a) Development of program rules and policies
b) Development of long- and short-range goals and plans
c) Program evaluation and
d) Budget preparation .
· Experience as a skilled consensus builder working with multiple stakeholders, often with competing interests
· Experience as an outstanding communicator who is considered fair, just and equitable in business practices among employees, partners and stakeholders to include seeking input on issues affecting stakeholders
· Experience in the legislative process including working with individual legislators and presenting testimony
· Experience managing a workforce within a labor union environment
· Commitment to promoting diversity and inclusion in the recruitment, retention and development of employees
· Experience leading a wide range of individuals and departments
· Experience as a transparent decision maker
· Experience evaluating complex programs and making recommendations for program or policy changes
· Experience in a highly regulated field and/or public safety environment
To review the full job announcement and apply, please visit
www.oregonjobs.org and search Executive Director.