PACE Center for Girls, Inc is opening a center in Miami, Florida. The ideal candidate will have start-up or turn-around experience and already live and be engaged in the Miami community.
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides vision, leadership and management of resources to ensure the mission of PACE is accomplished in the local community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
Leadership and Advocacy
o Advocating for the needs of girls in the local community
- Demonstrates leadership and advocacy for the agency at all levels including:
o Participating in special assignments and projects
o Providing input and communication pertaining policies, procedures and strategic direction setting
o Cultivating relationships with major stakeholder (i.e. legislatures, city and county officials, business interests, other child serving agencies, Juvenile Justice Council, and school boards).
- Demonstrates measurable results pertaining to the Standards of Excellence.
- Focuses on the need of the agency and balances all competing voices in order to make optimal decisions for girls and staff.
- Articulates and models the values of the agency in a way that inspires staff, girls and board.
- Motivates and inspires passion for agency, mission and excellence in roles of responsibility.
- Selects and places highly qualified staff in all positions.
- Provides direction and models for middle managers the strategies to ensure the retention goals of the agency are met.
- Provides opportunities for growth and development of staff.
- Supervises, counsels and evaluates staff.
- Develops and implements a succession plan for all major roles in the Center.
- Resolves employee relations issues in a manner that is amicable to staff and agency.
- Creates an adaptable learning environment for agency, staff and volunteers.
- Obtains maximum utilization of the staff by clearly defining duties, establishing performance standards, conducting performance reviews, and recommending competitive salary structure.
- Follows Human Resources Policies and Procedures to ensure compliance.
- Manages Center finances within approved budget.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the monthly financial reports and is able to identify trends and discrepancies.
- Communicates and clarifies the monthly financial reports to assist the Board in their oversight of the center budget.
- Prepares budgets that have solid assumptions for the future and is in compliance with Board policy.
- Follows finance policies and procedures to ensure timely compliance.
- Provides contract information to the Finance Department to assist and ensure the accuracy of monthly financial statements.
- Center procedures are designed to protect the assets of the agency.
- Develops a group of supporters that are commensurate in size and capacity to the local community.
- Demonstrates the ability to maintain and grow community supporters and donors.
- Solicits and secures diverse, multiple funding sources.
- Ensures the community public relations efforts reflect the values of the agency.
- Complies with Development Policies and Procedures (including Center Board Guidelines).
Governance and Boards
- Ensures program operates in compliance with DJJ, School Board and grant contracts.
- Establishes referral sources and an appropriate waiting list.
- Achieves outcomes for girls that significantly exceed the standards of the contract.
- Demonstrates competencies of gender responsive programming and trains at center level.
- Provides core PACE services that are provided in accordance with the agency guidelines.
- Aligns new initiative(s) that advances the mission.
- Achieves consistent successful QA reviews.
- Complies with Program Policies and Procedures.
Supervisory Responsibility: Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with agency policies and applicable laws.
- Board reflects primary community interest.
- Recruits, trains and develops board members on a continuing basis.
- Provides board orientation to new members.
- Influences and leads the board to operate within the center board guidelines.
- Facilitates regular board retreats.
- Encourages consistent attendance at Board and Committee Meetings.
- Develops and implements succession plan.
- Works closely with the Board to develop strategic plans that include both long-term and short-term priorities.
- Facilitates consistent representation to Board of Trustees.
Education and/or Experience and Technical Skills:
Masters Degree from four-year college or university.
- Minimum years experience managing multiple programs in a child serving agency, preferably in an at-risk environment.
- Must have intermediate computer skills; must be capable of compiling data and reports.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills; will be required to represent PACE at certain speaking engagements.
- Demonstrated experience working with Boards and Governance where team-building and problem solving skills are utilized to maintain Board stability.
- Demonstrated success in development and grant-writing.
- Experience handling complex financials and fiscal responsibility.
- Current Florida driver’s license.
- Must adhere to Agency Values and Principles.
- Upholds the ethical standards of the Agency.
- Follows policies and procedures of the Agency.
- Must work evenings and weekends as required to fulfill workload requirements.
- Must be able to travel by automobile, plane, train, etc.; occasional overnight travel may be required.
PACE Center for Girls - 20 months ago