Immediate Opening; Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Applications reviewed on a rolling basis; Start Date: February 4, 2013, or earlier
The Summit Children’s Program (SCP) is seeking a full-time Executive Director.
The Executive Director is responsible for day-to-day operations, financial management, program and curriculum development, staff supervision and professional development, and oversight of community and public relations including relationship management with associated schools.
Qualified applicants should submit a resume and cover letter, along with a list of three references and the relationship to those references, addressed to: Executive Director Search Committee, Summit Children’s Program, 6757 Greene Street, Philadelphia, PA 19119-3508, or by email (preferred) to the attached link.
- a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in early childhood education/equivalent, or related field and 30 early childhood education credits (related fields include human development, psychology, sociology, social work, education, nursing, home economics/family and consumer science, recreation, child and family studies, human services);
- a minimum of 3 years early childhood experience or equivalent, and experience working closely with parents;
- direct supervisory experience;
- demonstrated success in organizational leadership, financial management, program development, and staff development, as well as with student recruitment and marketing;
- excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- master’s degree from an accredited college or university;
- experience with writing grant applications;
- experience with working collaboratively with a board of directors;
- knowledge of the Keystone STARS process and Director’s Credential;
- training in the following areas: STARS Orientation, CBK/PDR for Directors, Foundations of the ERS, CQI, FPD Plan, Learning Standards, ERS Scales, ITERS, ECERS, SACERS, Mandated Child Abuse Reporting, and Pediatric First Aid.
ABOUT OUR PROGRAM
SCP is a non-profit child care center consisting of three developmental classrooms (toddler, pre-school, and pre-kindergarten), a before/after-school program, and a summer camp that has been serving the Mt. Airy and surrounding communities since 1975. SCP is a unique child care program staffed by long-time teachers committed to education and caring for children, and also has an involved and active parent community. We are committed to diversity: economically, racially, and in relation to family structures and lifestyles. SCP is more than a child care center, it’s a community of teachers, parents, and children devoted to providing an excellent environment for our students.
SCP provides a safe and nurturing environment that promotes the physical, social, emotional and cognitive development of young children while responding to the needs of families. The school is guided by the developmentally appropriate practices set forth by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC). The curriculum is thematic and centered on the child, family, and community. Our program is unique in its emphasis on several areas that reflect the values of the surrounding Mt. Airy community, including our connection to the natural world and a commitment to caring for it. We seek to build a sense of community among all our members - parents, children, and staff. This mutual respect for the value of each person in our community is the foundation upon which our program is built.
Indeed - 15 months ago