Role: Executive Director within an Education Research Center
Our client, a leading educational game publisher and 21st century curriculum creator, is seeking an executive director for its new, education research center and community space. The Learning Hub Director will own complete development and operations of a Los Angeles-based learning laboratory that will function as the primary site of research, design, and development of our client’s learning modules, assessment, and professional development.
Stand out candidates should be entrepreneurial and inspirational, and possess expertise and fluency in project management, network infrastructure and design, community outreach, and understanding of educational content.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Operate independently and creatively to develop and operate a stand-alone learning annex in Los Angeles
- Initiate and guide early discovery and design sessions to plan infrastructure and network build out in coordination with third party architect
- Determine requirements, and set and achieve milestones to meet those requirements on schedule
- Co-develop and recruit networked partnerships with schools locally and nationally
- Build strategic vision to immediately engage in the community
- Create a community of partners and supporters in partnership with Community Partnership Coordinator
- Work to develop a permanent sustainability plan to support the daily operation of the program
- Cultivate and sustain an environment where new ideas can flourish
- Serve as an advocate for the organization and mission and build relationships with key partners in the education and tech spaces
**If you meet the requirements above please submit an application to Alison Guzenski by using the link above. Agency360 thanks you in advance for your application.
- 5 to 7 years leadership experience within the non-profit or education sector developing and managing communities and/or projects
- The entrepreneurial orientation and tremendous drive
- Ability to conceptualize, articulate and implement educational programs for children and teachers
- An inspirational, collaborative, energetic and charismatic leader
- Demonstrated success in effectively leading and developing staff
- Superior project manager with demonstrated ability to develop and execute large scale projects and manage tactical execution to achieve results
- Outstanding relationship-building skills
- Exceptional communication skills
- Strong knowledge of education issues required; firsthand experience working in public schools a strong plus
- Strong understanding of and commitment to organizing as the tool for empowering diverse groups to make change and impact the lives of children