NAMM California, a leader in the managed care industry, is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system. We have a current open position for a Executive Director of Information Technology Operations in ther Ontario, CA office. We offer competitive compensation and benefits! This is a bonus-eligible position.
Benefits include but are not limited to:
Medical, Vision, Dental, FSA, 401(k) match, PTO, Holidays, educational reimbursement, and more!
Provides information technology and management services for the company to maximize the effectiveness of IT operations. Defines and solves user requirements and develops and implements computer applications and solutions.
The principle responsibility of this position is to insure the effectiveness of IT operational services is optimized. The role includes direct management of IT operations and providing strategic technology leadership to ensure value-based and customer-focused IT service delivery. The role also involves hands on management of a mix of services delivered by staff and by outsourced partners to mature IT service management standards such as ITIL.
- Partner with management team to align company information technology with strategic direction.
- Designs, develops and implements comprehensive, computer based information systems to ensure company needs are met and, data is processed according to company specifications and requirements. Users include both internal and external customers.
- Ensures hardware and software is maintained and data is secured through proper back-ups and staff training.
- Responsible for overseeing operational security and compliance procedures and standards.
- Build and develop IT organization, processes and procedures to support business needs.
- Analyze departmental workflow, and manage operational effectiveness.
- Develop and monitor performance standards.
- Implement and monitor new projects.
- Manage performance of and delegate projects to team members.
- Recommend and plan information technology to support and meet company objectives based on research and evaluation.
- Direct implementation and execution of new/upgraded information systems via well-defined plans including procedures, deadlines, and accountability.
- Evaluate and implement IT procedures and equipment for maximum efficiency and cost containment.
- Hire, train, and develop IT staff for maximum effectiveness.
- Stay abreast of trends and regulations to ensure effectiveness and compliance.
- Develop and maintain company Disaster Recovery Plan.
- Cultivate a solutions-oriented approach to customer service, motivating the IT team to turn issues into opportunities to add value.
- College diploma or university degree in the field of business administration, computer science, computer information systems preferred, or an equivalent combination of work experience, training and education.
- Minimum of 12 to 15 years of experience and progressively responsible in an IT management role.
- Minimum of 7 years of supervisory experience
- Strong leadership skills and experience with a demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Working knowledge and experience overseeing the utilization of IT service delivery and controls frameworks such as ITIL or CoBIT.
- Problem analysis and problem solution at both a strategic and functional level.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven experience in building a high performance team and a strong team player.
- Financial and budgetary management of multiple projects/proposals.
- Ability to collaborate with a variety of internal and external constituents and stakeholders.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Solid technical knowledge and capability on the design, implementation and support for 24x7x265 network operation in corporate and regional site locations.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.
NAMM California is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
North American Medical Management, California, Inc. (NAMM) develops and manages provider networks, offering a full range of services to...