The Executive Director of International Programs at Excelsior College reports to the Vice President for Innovation and Strategy. The Executive Director promotes international programming development, promotes student recruitment and retention, and increases participation in international programs. The successful candidate must possess an understanding of study abroad, international student recruitment and retention, and international student services. The Executive Director will strongly link international enrollment efforts with the institutional strategic plan and goals. This is a full-time position with benefits based in Albany, New York. |
The Executive Director is responsible for planning, developing, organizing, and evaluating Excelsior's growth and evolution by:
- Overseeing the existing portfolio of Excelsior College international partnerships.
- Providing strategic leadership for the development, implementation, and sustained growth of international initiatives identified by Excelsior College related to the expansion of international partnerships and student enrollments.
- Cooperating with the Vice President, using strong entrepreneurial skills to lead business development and expansion of international partnerships with universities in key strategic regions.
- Collaborating with senior management and faculty, setting performance measures for the programs and evaluating them.
- Solving problems that arise in the management of programs by addressing the issues directly or providing guidance and support to staff with program management responsibility.
- Conducting site visits to initiate or evaluate programs, maintain/build relationships, recruit students, and explore new programs.
- Providing leadership for the planning of future directions of international partnership development and expansion, including, certificate programs, degree completion, and potential study abroad.
- Regularly reviewing risk management policies and procedures for safety under the leadership of the Vice President for Innovation and Strategy and collaborating with other staff assigned to this area
- Planning and managing the international initiatives budget and the budgeting process.
- Developing teams from multiple departments on campus with multiple reporting lines.
- Teaching best practices to Excelsior College staff working with international agents, universities, students, faculty, and families.
- Acting on behalf of the Vice President in his absence as directed.
- Regularly reviewing policies for partnerships, curriculum, graduation requirements, and study abroad ensuring they are consistent with Excelsior College policies.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a master's degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- An MBA is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of increasing responsibility in international programs development and management.
- Strong communication, intercultural, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and ability to communicate with diverse groups.
- Self-starter with strong knowledge of negotiating and writing international agreements, memoranda of understanding, and budget development.
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit and creative programming.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for the main administration in Albany as well as working with international universities, faculty, students, and families.
Excelsior College - 6 months ago
copy to clipboard
Founded as Regents College in 1971 and chartered as a private, nonprofit institution in 1998, the College was renamed Excelsior College in...