Precept's founder and CEO, Wade Olson, established Precept in 1987 as a brokerage firm dedicated to sourcing and delivering health and welfare benefits to employers.
Over the course of 26 years, Precept has listened to the needs of its clients and has responded by adding the services required to meet them. This evolution has resulted in a comprehensive benefits consulting and administration outsourcing firm, serving 250 corporate clients with benefits consulting, procurement, administration outsourcing, health management, retirement and online enrollment services.
The result of Precept's growth is an organization that is bringing Fortune 100 strategies to middle market companies to control costs, reduce administrative burden, and improve employee attraction and retention.
When you join Precept, you'll not only work with a team of dedicated and highly talented individuals, you'll become a member of a fast-growing company. We pride ourselves on providing a unique and stimulating work environment and are serious about our commitment to every staff member. We employ high-quality and energetic individuals who inspire, encourage and challenge each other every day. It is through this standard that we are able to recruit and retain the best and the brightest people in our industry. We commend our employees for our continued success.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Executive Director of Operations will provide company-wide operations and management as a national practice. The Executive Director of Operations will work with the CEO to continually refine and implement the strategic growth plan to expand and position the company as a leader in providing program design and management services on a national scale. Responsibilities include oversight leadership in marketing/business development, operations, professional services, and financial performance of the company including all divisions and offices.
- Responsible to establish and maintain the "operating results" dashboard/processes and work with leadership team to make operating adjustments to meet targets
- Responsible for the development and management of integrated, strategy aligned departmental work plans
- Responsible for supporting the CEO and leadership team in all aspects of program growth specifically through strategic and operational planning guidance and by ensuring that required infrastructure and support services are in place
- Responsible for the development and management of the annual operating and capital budgets
- Provides guidance and oversight in preparation of project understandings, schedules, budgets, fee proposals and negotiations
- Works with the leadership team for approval of additional staffing based on the strategic and resources planning requirements
- Responsible for the development and implementation of a company-wide technology strategy and infrastructure
- Works with leadership team and finance team to understand key performance indicators for each business unit as well as their collective impact on the company
- Develops innovative initiatives to enhance internal efficiency and effectiveness
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Experience and Education
- Foster an environment of accountability, excellence, collaboration, and innovation among the management team
- Demonstrate fiscal responsibility
- Ability to work internal and external stakeholders as part of a collaborative relationship in meeting organizational mission and performance objectives
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must be creative to plan and accomplish a variety of goals and be results-oriented
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Knowledge of theoretical and practical aspects of project management
Precept is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Minimum of a BA, ideally with an MBA preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive operational and managerial experience
- Relevant industry experience desirable
- Proven track record in the management of company operations, finance, and technology
- PMI certification is a major asset