Summary of Role
Responsible for the efficient and profitable operation of professional services groups responsible for the delivery of solutions that leverage core infrastructure and applications to enable next generation, content rich, voice and video solutions for our target industry practices. Work with existing and new partnerships in this space while developing new and unique PDS products and software. This role is also responsible for planning and support of any legacy issues related to PDS technology business as we transition the focus of that business. Work with other functional leaders to source and develop custom products.
· Ensure that the company achieves revenue and profit targets by effectively managing the professional services team responsible for delivery of voice and video solutions and by developing revenue growth within the existing customer base.
· Maximize the utilization of all professional services resources within the group.
· Establish, implement, develop, and control best practices for IT project delivery tailored to voice and video solutions that are highly engaging and end user experience driven.
· Define and document all policies and processes of project lifecycles in order to deliver these projects according to scope, plan and within budget.
· Create formal methodologies for defining project key performance metrics and allocating resources efficiently.
· Promote and maintain the highest level of processes, best practice and knowledge sharing within the Professional Services team to ensure that the quality and consistency of delivery is outstanding at all times.
· Develop best practices, techniques and tools for project planning, project management, milestone and deliverable tracking, project escalation, project communication, and key performance indicators.
· Handle escalated customer problem resolution and implement processes to mitigate risks.
· Ensure that regular reports and updates are provided to the executive team as requested.
· Contribute to the strategic planning of the group, process improvement and be instrumental in achieving the overall success of PDS.
· Own the team’s execution of the product roadmap, including business cases, user stories, experience design and rapid delivery.
· Create and maintain cross-functional partnerships.
· Proactively communicate plans and accomplishments and ensure alignment with senior leadership.
· PDS Voice Solutions Team
· PDS OEM Video Solutions Team
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities :
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field; Advanced Degree is a plus.
· 7+ years of experience with project management and product development.
· 5+ years of IT services industry experience, strong familiarity with software or systems provided by PDS.
· Demonstrated leadership and track record of facilitating a collaborative team environment.
· Significant experience of demonstrated ability to analyze problems, make recommendations and implement solutions.
· Ability to defuse tension among and between project teams and clients, should it arise.
· Ability to prioritize with excellent time management skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
PDS, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Employment with PDS, Inc. will require a background check.
Paragon Development Systems, Inc. - 22 months ago