Executive Editor, Consumer Health Content & Products
, under the direction of the Senior Director Content Strategy, is accountable for producing consumer-directed medical, health/wellness and lifestyle content that informs, educates, motivates and serves people with arthritis and related conditions. Content must achieve assignment or project objectives and meet strict quality standards. Accountable on day-to-day basis for supervision and work of three editorial staff, related processes, deadlines and budget.
Candidate must have strong experience:
- developing health education, medical information and service content, including writing and editing for consumer audience for print and/or digital platforms and diverse formats (examples: special publications, feature articles, brochures or health-educator scripting and more);
- planning and managing content development projects, such as above;
- supervising editorial team and working with graphic designers;
- reporting and interpreting medical and research findings, guidelines and news;
- seeking information, quotes, background and reviews from specialized experts, particularly MDs and PhDs;
- working in team environment, with external stakeholders and partners;
- working in online CMS (content management system), with solid knowledge of digital platforms, information architecture and best practices.
Ideal candidate will have the following strengths:
- superior editorial skills, particularly in health service journalism, research, writing and editing
- ability to lead supervised staff and freelance writers and vendors to achieve project goals;
- planning and organizational skills, with ability to manage a diverse range of complex projects and multitask in high-pressure environment, meeting standards of excellence, quality control and accuracy and set deadlines;
- initiative and solution-oriented approach to solving creative and logistical challenges;
- excellence in clear and diplomatic written, verbal and interactive communication;
- ability to work effectively and collegially, on cross-departmental and on external partner teams with stakeholders with differing goals;
- thorough knowledge of editorial content development and processes, including, copyediting, editorial style and journalism ethics and quality standards, and graphic and pre-print production;
Submit resume and cover letter with salary requirement to: email@example.com .
Please reference “Executive Editor” in subject line. EOE
Arthritis Foundation - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -