The Executive Housekeeper is responsible for ensuring efficient operations of the Housekeeping Department in accordance with Aimbridge Hospitality standards, as well as supervising the entire Housekeeping Department including rooms, front/back of house, public areas, and laundry.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge Hospitality standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working (per brand standards)
- Comply at all times with Aimbridge Hospitality standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Comply with certification requirements as applicable for position to include: Food Handlers, Alcohol Awareness, CPR and First Aid
- Establish and maintain a key control system for the department.
- Operate radios efficiently and professionally in communicating with hotel staff.
- Ensure the proper use of radio etiquette within the housekeeping department.
- Monitor and direct all Housekeeping and Laundry personnel.
- Inspect rooms daily and do not schedule an additional Supervisor or Assistant unless occupancy is over 90 rooms or with General Manager's approval (property specific).
- Ensure compliance to company and brand training using the steps to effective training according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Conduct all 90 day and annual employee performance appraisals according to Aimbridge Hospitality S.O.Ps.
- Review Housekeeping staff's worked hours for payroll compilation and submit to accounting on a timely basis.
- Be responsible for developing a manager as assigned by the Corporate Office, including sign-off on all competencies and assist in his/her placement.
- Conduct monthly department meetings with housekeeping staff according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Prepare employee Schedule according to the business forecast, payroll budget guidelines and productivity requirements. Submit the Schedule and Wage Progress Report to the General Manager weekly.
- Handle overall supervision of daily inspection for arriving V.I.P.'s.
- Ensure lobbies, guest hallways, guest rooms and the back of the house areas are cleaned to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Maintain standards regarding Purchase Orders, vouchering of invoices and checkbook accounting according to Aimbridge Hospitality S.O.P.'s.
- Maintain required pars of all Housekeeping and Laundry supplies by ordering all needed supplies and amenities on a monthly/quarterly basis.
- Conduct monthly and quarterly Housekeeping inventories on a timely basis.
- Ensure guest privacy and security by correctly following Aimbridge Hospitality procedures.
- Participate in required M.O.D. coverage as scheduled.
- Ensure implementation of all Aimbridge Hospitalitys policies and house rules.
- Train and review all "House Safety" rules and procedures with Housekeeping staff.
- Motivate, coach, counsel and discipline all Housekeeping personnel according to Aimbridge Hospitality S.O.P.'s.
- Prepare and conduct all Housekeeping interviews and hiring procedures according to Aimbridge Hospitality S.O.P.'s.
- Monitor work orders and submit to Engineering department according to procedures; Follow up on Maintenance Requests to ensure completion.
- Respond to all guest requests, situations, complaints and accidents presented to Housekeeping in an attentive, courteous and efficient way.
- Attend monthly all-employee team meetings, and any other functions required by management.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and provide training on a rotational basis using the steps to effective training according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open lines of communication with other managers, employees and all other departments.
- Respond to emergency situations using information contained in M.S.D. sheets. Keep M.S.D. sheets current and easily available.
- Focus the Housekeeping Department on its role in contributing to the guest service scores.
- Balance and clear the room status nightly, comparing the PM Housekeeping Report with the computer's room status report and resolve all discrepancies.
- Maintain and monitor "Lost and Found" procedures and policies according to standards.
- Train all Housekeeping personnel to perform their duties to Aimbridge Hospitality standards, using the steps to effective training according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Ensure that employees are, at all times, attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and other employees.
- Conduct daily morning meeting with staff.
- Conduct weekly walk through with General Manager and Property Engineer.
The ideal candidate for this position
- Ensure valet laundry is recorded for valet cleaners. Check and review incoming laundry at end of day to ensure all items have been returned (property specific).
- Properly store, secure and issue supplies as needed to meet business demands.
- Complete all reports in a timely and efficient manner as required by management.
- Establish, with General Manager's approval, any additional standards as needed for the Housekeeping Department.
- Review Guest Request log daily to ensure that all requests have been met, taking proactive steps to address problems before they occur.
- Ensure completion of regular maintenance and cleaning projects on a biannual basis.
- Monitor all V.I.P.'s, special guests and requests.
- Perform any other duties as requested by the General Manager.
- At least 5 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field; or a 2-year college degree and 3 or more years of related experience; or a 4-year college degree and at least 1 year of related experience.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Must be proficient in Windows operating systems, Company approved spreadsheets and word processing
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc., from disparate sources and consider, adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, clarifying and resolving the concerns and issues raised by coworkers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
Aimbridge Hospitality - 7 months ago