Manage housekeeping department and staff to ensure compliance with company procedures to obtain the highest quality of service to guests with maximum operating results. Manage daily activities of cleaning personnel to ensure clean, orderly, and attractive rooms/guest areas. Assign duties, inspect work, and investigate complaints regarding housekeeping service and equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage Housekeeping supervisor(s) and hotel housekeeping employees to include adequate staffing.
- Manage the daily operations of hotel service on assigned shift.
- Maintain the appearance, organization and cleanliness of all hotel areas at the highest level.
- Promote the highest quality of service to guests.
- Handle and resolve all guest complaints and concerns.
- Direct the assignment of workers including duties.
- Inspect work for conformance to prescribed standards of cleanliness.
- Investigate complaints regarding housekeeping service and equipment, and take corrective action.
- Obtain list of rooms to be cleaned immediately and list of prospective check-outs or discharges to prepare work assignments.
- Coordinate work activities among departments.
- Complete scheduling and payroll for all hourly employees on a daily basis.
- Responsible for the effective scheduling of employees while maintaining the highest level of guest service while utilizing minimum use of labor hours.
- Provide ongoing training and support to employees.
- Maintain inventory of stock and supplies.
- Make recommendations to improve service and ensure more efficient operation.
- Maintain awareness of, and effectively communicate to other staff, property-wide/company promotions, events and programs.
- Keep employees/guests informed of any changes as they occur.
- Perform duties of housekeeping personnel as required.
- Comply with all Internal Controls, Company, departmental, and safety policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Utilize proper conduct of professionalism in compliance with company standards.
- May be required to perform duties outside of their normal job description where, in the Company's judgment, it is necessary in the interest of efficiency, productivity or improved service.
- Manages subordinate Housekeeping supervisor(s) who directly supervise employees of the Hotel Housekeeping department.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate's Degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college; one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and high, precarious places. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills - Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.Delegation - Delegates work assignments.
- Managing People - Provides regular performance feedback.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Adaptability - Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Salary Range: $45,000 - $50,000
The Belle of Baton Rouge Casino & Hotel offers a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, short term and long term disability, life insurance, 401k and additional benefits.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Monster - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard