Position Title: Executive Housekeeper
Overview of Responsibilities:
This position is primarily responsible for the overall cleanliness of the hotel including guest rooms and public areas. Other areas of hotel operations would include: housekeeping operations, guest service, profit management, asset management and safety and security. Assists other departments when needed and performs other related duties as assigned.
1. Maintains company and franchise cleanliness standards for both guest rooms and public areas and inspects them to ensure that standards are met.
2. Trains housekeeping team (Room Attendants, Laundry) in all aspects of housekeeping and laundry.
3. Coordinates work schedules and room assignments with minimum disruption to guests.
4. Inspects guest rooms (cleaned and unoccupied) on a daily basis.
5. Maintains key control and lost-and-found and ensures team is trained to follow correct procedures.
6. Performs guest room housekeeping duties, laundry functions and cleans public areas as needed.
7. Reports out-of-order rooms to Maintenance and assists with follow-up to ensure that problems are corrected.
1. Personally demonstrates a commitment to guest service by responding to guest needs and concerns; be committed to making every guest satisfied.
2. Empowers Housekeeping team to deliver guest service by encouraging and rewarding responsive guest assistance.
3. Assures that Housekeeping team knows all components and features of the company's guest service guarantee.
4. Ensures housekeeping standards and services contribute to the delivery of consist guest service.
Human Resources Management:
1. Assists with the management of human resources functions including recruitment, selection, orientation, training, retention, performance planning and evaluation, termination, and the administration of pay and reward programs for the Housekeeping team.
2. Maintains a positive, cooperative work environment between Housekeeping team and management.
3. Administers personnel policies fairly and consistently.
4. Assists with training teammates on understanding policies, pay procedures and benefits.
5. Conducts housekeeping team meetings.
6. Trained to act as Manager-on-Duty as needed.
1. Assists with tracking financial and operational information on ongoing basis to adjust plans, labor and other costs.
2. Assists with maintaining inventory of supplies and ensures team follows proper inventory and cost control procedures.
3. Assists with ordering housekeeping, laundry and line supplies.
4. May assist in annual budget preparation.
1. Assists with maintaining physical product standards by scheduling ongoing cleaning activities.
2. Suggests capital projects for inclusion in the capital budget.
Safety and Security:
1. Understands and performs basic safety, security and emergency procedures of the hotel.
2. Recognizes, corrects, and reports potential safety hazards and security concerns.
Essential Skills and experience:
1. Guest Service orientation
2. Interpersonal and communication skills
3. Planning and organizational skills
4. Leadership skills
5. Team player
6. Ability to select, train and supervise employees
7. Knowledge of proper use and storage of cleaning chemicals
8. Ability to handle multiple tasks
9. High School education or equivalent
1. Leads the Housekeeping and Laundry teams.
2. Interacts with all other property team members, including other departments throughout the hotel.
3. Reports to Operations Manager, Assistant General Manager and / or General Manager.
Physical demands – The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential position functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, talk or hear, and use hands to touch, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to sit, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel and reach with hands and arms. The employee will periodically lift and or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to 35 pounds. Vision abilities required by this job include distant/close vision.