· Job Overview: The Executive Housekeeper directs the daily operations of the housekeeping and maintenance department. Responsibilities include training, tools and supplies, support to staff, and creating a safe work environment. The Executive Housekeeper implements and maintains a service and management philosophy which assists the housekeeping staff in achieving a high standard of cleanliness of the property and adhering to the safety standards of Joie de Vivre Hospitality.
1. Two years previous experience as Assistant Executive Housekeeper or one year as Executive Housekeeper.
2. Knowledge of proper cleaning techniques including requirements and use of equipment.
3. Knowledge of proper and safe chemical handling.
4. Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English (speak, read, write) with both guests and co-workers.
5. Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperation, and minimum amount of supervision.
6. Ability to: a) maintain hotel standards, policies and procedures, b) prioritize and organize work assignments, direct performance of assigned staff and follow up with corrections where needed.
7. Ability to work a variety of varying schedules.
8. Punctuality and regular and reliable attendance.
9. Interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with co-workers and the public.
1. College graduate.
2. Guest relations training.
3. Additional language skills.
Essential Job Functions:
• Verify room status on AM report; report discrepant rooms; prioritize and update status of check-out rooms.
• Distribute assignment sheets, room keys and beepers to designated staff. Maintain accurate records of assignments for security.
• Ensure inspection of all check-out rooms and 50% of stayovers rooms cleaned by assigned room attendants using designated checklist to ensure rooms are up to hotel standards and follow up with necessary corrections/counseling.
• Inspect public areas, restrooms, meeting and office space at least twice a day to ensure cleanliness utilizing designated checklist.
• Monitor and respond to guest complaints to ensure guest satisfaction.
• Provide feedback to staff on performance/disciplinary problems through one-on-one sessions as well as monthly departmental meetings.
• Complete all paperwork and closing duties before leaving. Review status of assignments/PM report and any follow-up action necessary.
• Conduct weekly supply audits to ensure all hotel supplies are at adequate par levels.
• Oversee the cleaning of all guest rooms and public spaces within the hotel to include meeting space, restrooms, lobby, mezzanine and all guest room hallways.
• Oversee the maintenance, cleaning, inventory, and purchase of guestroom linens/bedding.
• Responsible for the upkeep, audit and maintenance of the department’s fire/life safety program including key control.
• Prepare departmental payroll.
• Oversee the hotel Lost and Found procedures.
• Schedule all housekeeping staff in accordance with occupancy levels and labor guidelines.
• Participate in the hiring process in terms of recruitment and selection.
• Schedule all periodic major cleaning projects for guest rooms, public spaces and meeting spaces.
• Assist in the scheduling of cleaning of all meeting rooms after a completed function.
• Coordinate with Catering and Event manager to ensure all meeting room functions are properly set up according to the requests indicated on the meeting room/event function sheets.
• Communicate with the Front Desk, Sales, and Maintenance Departments to ensure a high quality product and service level is delivered to our guests.
• Order, stock and maintain inventory of any room supplies and cleaning supplies, following budgetary guidelines. Complies with the hotel’s purchasing procedures.
• Assist in the development and execution of department training to educate employees on how to safely and thoroughly perform their tasks.
• Maintain high quality of housekeeping standards in: a) the guest rooms; b) linens and uniforms; c) lost and found; d) laundry; and e) janitorial houseperson and night cleaners.
• Insure courteous, professional guest service by housekeeping staff, complying with JdV’s service standards.
• Assist Room Attendants with guest room cleaning if required by hotel.
• Support JdV’s core values and mission statement.
• Conduct monthly staff meeting.
• Follow all company procedures with regard to the filing of worker’s comp reports and follow-up.
· Direct and oversee maintenance department, including but not limited to employee training and coaching, preventative maintenance program, vendor relations, & special projects as needed.
You might say this company has a zest for hotel life. Joie de Vivre Hospitality operates boutique hotels, with more than 30 properties in...