Summary Provides assistance to the Regional President/Commercial Relationship team by performing administrative and lending functions of a complex nature handling more confidential correspondence and exercising a higher degree of discretion and initiative by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Extensive customer contact; a ssisting customers, both internal and external, with questions, concerns and problems and providing excellent customer service for all requests.
- Communicates daily with Commercial Relationship Bankers’ customers via email, telephone and face-to-face.
- Makes Payment Decisions for Commercial Relationship Bankers.
- Pulls report of past due and maturing loans; emails to Texas commercial relationship team to contact such customers.
- Contacts past due loan customers regarding the status of their payments.
- Works on renewals or extensions for maturing loans.
- Works Exception Report and communicates with internal departments regarding exceptions.
- Requests and coordinates with internal departments to ensure that all loan documents are prepared in accordance with deadlines.
- Coordinates all aspects of loan processing and closings, including correspondence with attorneys, appraisers and other outside professionals to ensure that deadlines are maintained.
- Assimilates, files and distributes financial and collateral documentation to appropriate internal departments as needed once loans are closed.
- Assists Regional President/Commercial Relationship Bankers with daily customer contact, servicing and opening accounts as necessary.
- Organize and maintain customer files to assist Relationship Banker/Manager's ability to manage portfolios.
- Serves as client relationship representative to all CTB customers by listening, researching and complaint/inquire resolution as needed.
Additional Duties may include the following.
- Maintains current and ongoing knowledge of CTB products and services.
- Works with banking center personnel to accommodate customer’s needs.
- Screens and routes incoming calls and visitors for executive/commercial relationship team.
- Schedules appointments for customers to meet with lenders.
Competencies –To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
Interpersonal Skills/Customer Service - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service ; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Oral and Written Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks.
Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
Quality and Quantity - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality; Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Works quickly; Uses time efficiently.
Adaptability and Initiative - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Asks for and offers help when needed.
Attendance/Punctuality and Dependability - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time; Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); five to ten years experience in a commercial/business lending support role; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of the Internet, Outlook, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel. Ability to use basic office machine such as 10-key, computer keyboard, telephone, fax machine and copy machine. Previous experience with banking/financial software helpful.
Bank Culture/Customer Service Skills
Promotes the Bank’s culture, including the support of our Brand promise and Core Values.
Ability and judgment to interact and communicate appropriately with other employees, customers and supervisor. Ability to serve customers, both internal and external, (community/public) in a manner that will reflect superior customer relations and enhance the overall marketing effort of Community Trust.
Responsible for compliance under the requirements of the BSA, AML, OFAC and CIP related policies as well as adherence to the bank's procedures to fulfill the requirements of the regulations. Must report any unusual or suspicious activity involving customers or fellow employees to the BSA Department.
Other Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of loan processing and collateral documentation.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Community Trust Bank shall, in its discretion, modify or adjust the position to meet the Bank’s changing needs. This job description is not a contract and may be adjusted as deemed appropriate in the Bank’s sole discretion.