The Executive Level Business Insurance Development Officer is a sales oriented position requiring advanced communication skills and a thorough knowledge of the insurance products available through the Evans Agency, LLC. This individual must be capable of pursuing and closing sales of new large middle market commercial accounts and retaining renewalss.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Achieves objectives established in annual producer sales plan.
- Prospects for new business from existing clients and other sources.
- Contacts prospects for the purpose of providing a proposal and making sales appointments.
- Surveys prospects to determine insurance needs, inspecting/evaluating current insurance policies, risk management plans, property, products and records.
- Collects detailed risk and underwriting information including survey data and loss history.
- Participates in renewals, when appropriate, by reviewing expiration listing with service team to determine appropriate action and collection of information to prepare renewal submissions.
- Develops and deliver formal proposals of insurance including details of coverages, limits, deductibles and other pertinent information.
- Works with service or marketing teams to complete company submissions and selection of potential markets.
- Conducts client and prospects appointments communicating proposals and renewals, explaining details and communicating desire to conduct business.
- Establishes payment arrangements with clients and ensure timely payment.
- Stays informed of claims or service issues and become involved in resolution when required.
- Refers cross selling opportunities for products and services to appropriate associates.
- Promotes agency and insurance industry in the community.
- Keeps informed of industry developments through review of trade press and by attending insurance carrier training meetings on new products, etc.
- Adheres to all applicable insurance laws and company policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree; and five years related sales experience with proven results NYS P&C Brokers License. Additionally, within 2 years of employment, attain a minimum of one professional designation.
- Ability and willingness to participate in continuing education courses as necessary to maintain licenses.
- New York State driver license
- High business acumen with the ability to ‘close’, i.e. to present solutions that are on target for customers and to motivate customers to take action.
- Ability to meet and exceed sales goals. Proven experience in all aspects of managing the selling processing including prospecting for lead, indentifying client solutions, negotiations and closing.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Manages difficult customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Knowledge of an Agency Management System (AMS) and intermediate working knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint strongly preferred.
Evans Bank - 18 months ago