The Americans for the Arts Internship Program offers undergraduate and graduate students the opportunity to investigate and participate in the operations of the nation’s leading nonprofit organization for advancing the arts in America. Through a combination of learning experiences, work projects, and group collaborations, interns become integral members of our team. Program benefits include career support, member services, and a series of leadership discussions with Americans for the Arts staff. Interns are expected to participate in daily activities, contribute skills and ideas, and produce excellent work, all the while preparing to become the next generation of arts, nonprofit, and cultural leaders.
- Coordinating and assisting with many of the activities surrounding the Office of the President
- Board Work
- Preparation and follow-up work associated with the June 2012 board meeting
- Maintain updated binder of all board motions, agendas, and minutes
- Updating photo and video archives
- This work may include the creation of video and photo montages for the use of the Executive Office
- Maintaining a system for archiving the President’s work product
- Updating and maintaining the online Board Portal and Executive Office maintained sections of the Americans for the Arts websites, both internal and external
- Provide assistance with 2012 budgeting and planning effort
- Other projects as assigned
- Fluency in Windows and Microsoft Office (especially PowerPoint and Excel) is necessary.
- Interest and experience in media and communications preferred.
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- The ability to communicate and interact with staff and industry workers in a professional, knowledgeable and courteous manner is necessary.
The mission of the Arts & Business Council of Americans for the Arts is to stimulate partnerships between the arts and business that...