This position is directly responsible for assisting the Vice President and General Counsel in areas of meeting preparation, record keeping, and scheduling of all Board of Directors and Board Committee meetings on a regular basis with accuracy, efficiency, and at a strictly confidential level.
Assists General Counsel in numerous high-level projects. This position interacts directly with Executive and Senior Management, and the Board of Directors. The position also assists the General Counsel in confidential research projects related to corporate governance, mergers & acquisitions and Board related matters.
This position is also responsible for providing para-professional support to the legal department relating to production and review of contracts/agreements, research of regulatory law as applicable to State/Federal requirements, and the updating of various Legal Department databases to insure accurate logging, tracking, and responses that are provided to internal and external clients.
Primary Job Duties:
- Initiates and coordinates the compilation of Notices, Agendas, meeting materials, and Minutes for Board of Directors and Board Committee meetings, as appropriate, under the direction of the General Counsel for distribution to Board and Committee Members.
- Attends Board and Board Committee meetings and composes meeting Minutes for General Counsel review. Maintains corporate Minute Books, Licenses, and records for all affiliated entities.
- Prepares and drafts the annual Board of Directors budget for General Counsel; monitors and submits Board Member expenses for prompt and accurate reimbursement to Board members. Tracks Board Member compensation and meeting fees and submits report s for quarterly compensation to Board Members.
- Maintains and updates, on a regular basis, the Board of Directors secure SharePoint web portal. Also composes Board Committee Work plans, Handbooks, and other appropriate resources. Develops and coordinates procedures for staff to Board Committees to ensure consistency.
- Reviews and/or researches specific situations (as directed) and reports findings and conclusions directly to Senior Management, General Counsel or staff attorney.
- Reviews of client submitted contracts and preparation of redlines/drafts for attorney approval.
- Analysis, compilation, and review of document production required during litigation discovery processes; summarize deposition transcripts, organize litigation file, and maintain checklists as required.
- Process updates as required to multiple Legal Databases (TimeMatters, PowerDocs, Contract Database, Legal Request Database) to ensure accurate record keeping, execution, and follow-up/closure of all matters.
- Provides research and support to General Counsel for special projects and board related projects
- Performs other duties and/or special projects as assigned.
- Excellent time management skills
- Project management skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strategic thinking/planning skills
- Ability to work effectively with minor supervision
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with daily work processing deadlines
- High degree of business maturity and demonstrated confidentiality
- Polished, professional image and reputation
- Demonstrated personal accountability; ability to identify typed material for contextual, grammatical, typographical and spelling errors.
- MS Word/Excel/Powerpoint, Lotus Notes
- On-Line Web Applications
Bachelors degree with 5 years work experience as a Paralegal.
Associates degree with 5 years work experience as a Paralegal and 2 year certificate.
- Shift work
- Irregular hours
- Must be able to work weekends
- Must be able to accommodate alternate shifts/days
- Must be able to work in an office environment
- Must be able to occasionally attend off-site meetings, events, conferences
- Must have ability and access to work from remote location such as home
- Must be able to accommodate local travel. Valid drivers license and acceptable driving history required due to travel involved with this position (DMV check will be conducted to review candidate's driving record)
- Must be able to accommodate regional/national travel (auto or air)
- Manual Dexterity Req: Eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to effectively utilize various office equipment (phone, computer, fax machine, printer, copier, filing cabinet, etc)
- Manual Dexterity Req: Eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to effectively use a computer with all its components for prolonged periods of time and for the majority of required tasks
- Vision Req: Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less)
- Vision Req: Distance (clear vision at 20 feet or more)
- Physical Effort: Moderate; may engage in activities requiring prolonged standing, walking, close machine/instrument work or lifting, pushing, pulling supplies or equipment.
- Weight: Occasionally lift/carry under 10 lbs.
- Driver's License/DMV Check Required
HealthNow New York Inc. - 20 months ago
HealthNow New York Inc. is one of New York’s leading health care companies that provide access to quality health care and innovative...