Executive Producer, Online Video Channel |
The Executive Producer is the most senior figure working on the daily operations of a program series whether an in-house production or external commissioning and/or acquisition of content.
The Executive Producer makes crucial editorial decisions; oversees a team of producers and researchers; exercises strong editorial judgment; and rules on issues of taste and decency. This is a senior editorial position that will assist along the hiring of staff for their strand, as well as manage and develop the skills and creative talents of the show ’s staff.
- Manage and lead a team of multi skilled producers, animators, graphic artists and video editors.
- Provide editorial direction to various online video content streams.
- Revise and finalize all relevant scripts.
- Decide upon and finalize program rundowns and content
- Oversee social media distribution and audience engagement of various content streams
- Sound editorial judgment of both Global and U.S issues.
- A passion and commitment to the Al Jazeera spirit of journalism.
- Sound leadership and communication abilities.
- Ability to lead team meetings and discussions.
- Ability to do work under tight pressure and deadlines.
- Outstanding writing and video scripting ability.
- Outstanding ability to write concise and accurate journalistic headlines and summaries.
- An understanding of social media ecosystems.
- Proven experience in video production or online Journalism.
- At least 3 years experience in a senior editorial position.
- A proven track record of success.
Aljazeera - 13 months ago