ACT is an independent, not-for-profit organization that provides a broad array of assessment, research, information, and program management solutions in the areas of education and workforce development. Each year, ACT serves millions of people in high schools, colleges, professional associations, businesses, and government agencies—nationally and internationally.
Learn more at act.org !
Provide highly specialized executive-level administrative support.
Typical work-related activities include:
- Assist the Vice President and other professional staff within the division with administrative tasks that require independent judgment and discretion including preparing correspondence, reports, presentations, etc.
- Manage the Vice President’s calendar, schedule appointments, arrange meetings, make travel arrangements, prepare expense reports, handle telephone and other general communications and serve as intermediary with internal and external parties seeking access to the Vice President.
- Coordinate and schedule meetings and planning efforts.
- Coordinate divisional operations, procedures and activities with other secretarial and clerical staff to maintain consistency in the application of policies and procedures.
- Prepare and proofread correspondence, presentations, costing reports, meeting minutes, reports, contract documents and proposals.
- Collect and compile data for specialized reports and presentations and generate reports as needed including the production of presentation slides, tables, graphics and graphs to complete reports or support presentations.
- Establish, maintain and revise Vice President’s files and related records.
- Assist in budget preparation, monitoring and accounting.
- Initiate payroll and accounting activities including salary administration processing, expense report approval, timesheet approval and invoice approval process.
- Create and maintain standard forms and records on personnel, budgetary and purchasing transactions and verification of departmental/divisional activities.
- Operate office equipment including personal computer, copier, etc.
- Coordinate activities of clerical staff working on specific projects when required.
ACT employees will be given first consideration for this position. High School diploma or equivalent, a minimum of five years of experience providing executive-level support and proficiency using Microsoft Office is required. Associate’s degree is preferred. In addition, applicants must possess experience in the following: collecting and analyzing data; organizing work, setting priorities and determining logical solutions to basic problems; computing multiple-step mathematical computations; working and making decisions independently; changing tasks frequently and performing a diverse set of tasks; maintaining a high level of confidentiality regarding corporate information; understanding and operating efficiently in office practices and procedures; understanding and adhering to assigned policies and procedures; and, maintaining attention to detail.
Starting salary commensurate with qualifications. Excellent benefits and work environment.
Completion of the ACT National Career Readiness Certificate is recommended. Find a test site near you to register for the WorkKeys assessments. Finalists for this position will be subject to a pre-employment criminal background check as a condition of employment.
ACT is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in people and ideas. ACT participates in E-Verify . ACT's online position announcements are intended only to provide general descriptions of employment opportunities; none of the information provided for any position should be interpreted as a commitment by ACT to specific terms and conditions for employment.
ACT - 16 months ago