At Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island (BCBSRI), diversity and inclusion are central to our core values and strengthen our ability to meet the challenges of today's healthcare industry. BCBSRI is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. We provide equal opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Responsible for providing professional secretarial and administrative support for assigned executives to ensure these functions are cost effective, timely and contribute to the accomplishment of company objectives. Work assignments are complex in nature, where considerable judgement, tact, creativity, and initiative are required in resolving problems. Ability to work independently under general instructions and responds to inquiries and questions associated with the executive’s position.
REPRESENTATIVE JOB DUTIES
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Serves as a liaison between executives, managers and visitors as required.
- Reviews, requests, and resolves problems requiring in-depth knowledge of company policies and procedures, and projects in progress. Takes independent action on handling requests; determines the appropriate course of action, intervenes when necessary, and acts as a liaison between departments.
- Coordinates data from a variety of sources for inclusion in technical reports and presentations; performs independent research and prepares information for special projects as assigned. Interprets and relays Company policy information; keeps executive informed of any deviation on items requiring personal attention.
- Drafts confidential correspondence, edits documents, takes and transcribes minutes of meetings, and performs other administrative duties as requested.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining both electronic and manual filing systems. Retrieves information and correspondence on a daily basis to ensure immediate access to file data for execution of executive’s duties.
- Maintains logs and records of the executive’s vacation schedule, attendance records and distributes employee paychecks. Responsible for the coordination of staff performance appraisals.
- Screens and direct incoming calls, correspondence and visitors. Communicates with both internal and external customers in person, via telephone, Lotus Notes, and e-mail. Routes and answers routine correspondence not requiring the executive’s attention to ensure timely and accurate response.
- Schedules appointments and coordinates arrangements for meetings, conferences and trips making sure the executive meet their commitments. Assembles necessary background material for meetings. Maintains personal calendar for the executive.
Knowledge of :
- Health insurance and the managed care industry.
- Computer Hardware and software proficiency.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Exercise sound judgement in making decision affecting individual and group effectiveness.
- Meet deadlines and provide timely execution of assigned tasks/projects.
- Handle multiple priorities.
- Take initiative in finding solutions to difficult and/or sensitive problems.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience:
Preferred Education, Additional Qualifications and Experience:
- Associate’s Degree in Business Administration or secretarial/business school training, or equivalent combination of education and work experience are required.
- 8-10 years of secretarial experience including executive level support required.
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Exceptional organizational skills.