Serves as a secretary to the active medical staff. Will assist in the organizational and support of the medical functions, i.e., personnel, budgeting, files, training, meetings, travel and purchasing.
High School graduate or GED Equivalent. Progressive office experience, which has provided a basic knowledge of office management and administrative duties. Demonstrates experience as a take charge self-starter. Must be familiar with common medical terminology. Type 50 wpm. Experience with Microsoft Word required. Experience in developing and maintaining a filing system. Must have excellent oral and written communication skills. Experience with medical transcription preferred.
- Acts as a liaison between medical staff and all other departments of the hospital and provides assistance in the coordination of the duties of the medical staff.
- Screen all incoming calls to the medical staff office in a kind and courteous manner. Take appropriate messages and route calls appropriately.
- Provide clerical assistance to all members of the medical staff in a professional manner.
Responsible for Medicare provider enrollment and maintaining UPIN and provider numbers for all licensed independent practitioners who hold privileges at BBAHC.
- Prepare and maintain the minutes for regular and special Medical Staff/Executive Committee Meetings. Responsible for all administrative follow-up that pertains to the meetings (i.e., notifying departments on items that the medical staff approved, etc.).
- Type and transcribe various administrative and patient letters for medical staff providers. Make appropriate copies of letters for charts/files and distribute appropriately. Organize and file all administrative correspondence for the medical staff.
- Maintain the Medical Student/Resident/Physician Assistant Student applications. Coordinate the rotations of the medical students/residents/physician assistant students. Work closely with ANTHC and the students themselves regarding the rotations.
- Transcribe and distribute medical staff call schedules to appropriate departments and ensures smooth coordination of scheduling with other departments. Maintains call schedule database for all providers included in the schedule.
- Work closely with the Flight Physicians regarding FAA Flight physicals (i.e., maintaining the FAA Flight physical log, entering information on the www.cami.jccbi.gov website and mailing information directly to FAA).
- Arranges travel, housing, and orientation schedules for temporary duty physicians, medical students, residents, and physician assistant students.
- Responsible for the distribution of all incoming/outgoing medical staff mail and faxes. Sort and compile all faxes from community health aides from all villages for daily medical traffic.
- Organize and maintain records of village travel, continuing education travel, and administrative travel (i.e., airline reservations, hotel accommodations, car rentals, registration fees, etc.).
- Assist with maintaining the medical library. Assist medical library physician with the ordering of new texts and journals.
- Assist the medical staff in purchasing supplies and equipment. (Including researching vendors, comparing prices, preparing requisitions and coordinating the approval process).
- Assist with data entry for Cactus software for BBAHC credentialed providers.
- Organize and provide packets for ANTHC specialty clinic providers that hold continuing medical education (CME) courses here at BBAHC for our health care providers. Make sure that all appropriate materials are submitted in order for CME credits to be issued and distribute to providers.
- Work as a team member with the Medical Staff Coordinator and the other Medical Staff Secretary. Must be able to perform the basic Medical Staff Coordinators job duties, such as basic credentialing and performance improvement functions.
- Other duties as appropriate may be assigned.
Bristol Bay Area Health Corporation - 17 months ago