Executive Secretary |
Admin Exec-Cable & Comm Corp
NY / Bethpage
Under minimum direction and acting with considerable independence, performs advanced, diversified and confidential administrative and secretarial support to the SVP-Logistics.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Answers and screens telephone calls for the Executive. Receives and directs visitors. Tactfully handles inquiries and/or refers to the appropriate party. Reviews and responds to mail and inquiries and determines if Executive action is required. Refers routine matters to appropriate person for action and follows up to ensure completion.
• Schedules appointments, meetings, travel arrangements and maintains Executive’s calendar. Anticipates and prepares meeting materials, charts and reports needed by Executive.
• Independently collects, compiles and analyzes information from multiple sources; prepares a variety of complex reports, manuals or agendas. Composes correspondence, create reports, etc, which are generally confidential in nature. Uses various software packages such as spreadsheets, word processing, and graphics to produce high quality reports, presentations, or other documents.
• Acts as liaison between the Executive and his/her direct reports, as well as internal and external contacts. Coordinates activities, conducts research and ensures that requests are carried out. Independently handles a wide variety of situations and tasks involving the clerical and administrative functions of the office.
• Coordinates all paperwork necessary for the Executive to approve. This includes, but is not limited to, travel and expense vouchers, performance appraisals, personnel action forms (PAF) and authorization payment forms (APF). Assists with staffing requisitions and eTime approvals. Follows up with other departments to ensure that requests are carried out and activities are coordinated.
• Responsible for ordering and maintaining office supplies for the department. Uses Oracle to initiative purchase orders and/or payment forms. Ensures that office equipment works properly. Coordinates repair requests with facilities and/or outside vendors. Maintains records on all repairs and orders.
• Assists department in special projects as assigned by the Executive. May provide leadership to other department administrative staff.
• High school diploma, advanced secretarial education or college preferred.
• 5+ years of secretarial experience preferably at executive level.
• Broad knowledge of company organization, policies and practices.
• Excellent knowledge, with proven experience, of Microsoft Office applications.
• Strong oral and written communication skills with ability to interact with all levels of management.
• Proven logical skills, well organized and detail oriented.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality and diplomacy.
• Must be flexible to work overtime on short notice.
Area of Interest
Cablevision Systems Corp. - 2 years ago
Cablevision Systems Corporation is a leading telecommunications and media company with a portfolio of operations that includes a full suite...