Hire In Rate:
(for employees new to HHC)
Source of Funding:
Civil Service Classification:
Return to Previous Page
Woodhull Medical and Mental Health Center is attuned to the healthcare issues that matter to the people of North Brooklyn. Woodhull focuses on preventing disease and promoting healthy lifestyles by reaching out to the community at 15 convenient locations.
Woodhull Medical and Mental Health Center is a non-smoking facility.
• Ensures that all appointments and re-appointments for new and incoming Affiliate staff are obtained and submitted to the Medical Affairs Office and the NYU Affiliate in a timely manner to avoid disruption of services.
• Works closely with recruitment firms, other agencies and the NYU Affiliate for staff and locum tenens to set up interview appointments for prospective candidates.
• Ensures that all Departmental psychiatrists fully comply, in a timely manner, with all NYC-HHC training and other legal mandates (ELM, compliance, annual in-service, OHS, etc.).
• Assists the Chief of Psychiatry with Medical Board matters; works closely with staff of the Medical Affairs office.
• Keeps the Chief of Psychiatry abreasts of all important matters pertaining to the effective and efficient operation of the office during those times that require his absence from the Office.
• Monitors the timesheets for the Division Chiefs assigned within the six divisions of Psychiatry.
• Works collaboratively with the six Division Chiefs and their staff.
• Assists in the organization of the weekly Psychiatry Grand Rounds presentations.
• Collaborates and coordinates with the NYU Department of Psychiatry to obtain faculty appointments to the NYU School of Medicine for new and existing employees.
• Works collaboratively with the office of the Senior Associate Executive Director for Psychiatry.
• A High School Diploma or equivalent, and four years of clerical experience including two years as a stenographic secretary; or,
• A Baccalaureate Degree from an accredited college or university and one year of experience as a stenographic secretary; or,
• An Associate Degree with specialization in Secretarial Science and three years of clerical experience, one year of which shall have been as a stenographic secretary.
• The ability to take dictation accurately, rapidly and to transcribe. Ability to exercise discretion and diplomacy in all internal and external contact relationships and to exercise initiative in the preparation of routine correspondence, in handling administrative details and to maintain confidentiality of all executive and Corporate matters.
• High level verbal, written and secretarial skills and knowledge required; or,
• A satisfactory combination of education, training and experience.
• All positions are subject to a background investigation.
Health and Hospitals Corporation - 9 months ago