The Executive Sous Chef/Chef Instructor at Google will assume ownership for the overall operation of the Culinary Education Program for the new concept opening Summer 2014. Job duties will include, but not limited to: Developing a syllabus for long term cooking classes for Googlers, facilitating curriculum, maintaining Google’s culture and supporting Food Program Guidelines while adhering to Parkhurst standards.
This position is accountable for the teaching kitchen’s daily administrative, operational and culinary tasks. Time will be split between development of the program, preparation and facilitation of training sessions, recruitment of students, developing relationships to attract vendor demos, tastings, and guest chefs, organizing one-off classes by PDS associates and Googlers, assisting with Google Team Building Program, assisting with Hydroponic Grow Tower Program, maintaining high standard of Safety and Sanitation, offering help with daily kitchen duties where applicable, as well as some purchasing and administrative duties.
The Teaching Kitchen Chef will also coordinate, motivate, train, develop, and direct our associates to accomplish these objectives of our operation while continuing to maintain a positive relationship with our client. The ability to nurture a relationship with the other Google Offices offering the KitchenSync Program is paramount to the overall success of the Food Program.
· Organize, prepare for and facilitate or co-facilitate cooking classes in teaching kitchen.
· Support special events in teaching kitchen space through scheduling, preparation and organization..
· Ensure that classes are engaging, timely and conducted with a safety first approach.
· Lead the culinary staff in all Google Corporate initiatives.
· Meet and exceed the expectations of the customer and client perceived value.
· Ensure that all products and ingredients that are used are purchased following Google purchasing standards and Parkhurst sustainability commitments.
· Make sure all kitchen waste is disposed of properly in the most sustainable manner as supported by the client, and Training Kitchen remains a beacon of Safety and Sanitation.
Customer Service and Client Relations
· Represent the company in a courteous, efficient and friendly manner in all customer, client and employee interactions
· Interact with Googlers and treat as guest in our home.
· Resolve customer concerns in a friendly and service oriented manner.
· Communicate with the Client honestly, accurately, and in a timely manner.
Financial Management and Analysis
· Ensure that all culinary personnel follow the proper time and attendance policy
· Responsible to make sure that labor and food cost budgetary goals are met.
· Responsible for placing proper orders, sourcing the best local and seasonal ingredients and following purchasing guidelines.
· Complete inventory on an appropriate schedule.
Kitchen & Café Supervision
· Support cafes, microkitchen execution and coffee shop as directed by management
· Assist existing team with special events as needed with staff and culinary support
· Work with Googlers to fill classes that are “paid” services. Solicit feedback from guests. Utilize existing Foodback tool.
· Adhere to all Health Department, OSHA and ADA regulations.
· Follows all Safety Manual guidelines.
· Attend Miele Training and adhere to equipment cleaning guidelines
· Develop and revise station specific daily and weekly cleaning checklists..
· Report any injury, accident and/or foodborne illness incident for customers and/or staff accurately and in a timely manner to management.
· Train all personnel in safe operating procedures of all equipment, utensils and machinery.
Attend monthly safety meetings and participates in safety inspections
· A minimum of 10 years kitchen supervisory experience or applicable culinary experience in a similar volume, restaurant or food service kitchen.
· Possess a background of facilitation of coursework.
· Possess general hospitality knowledge and interest in sustainability and sustainable food practices.
· Has the ability to operate Web based ordering systems, process customer requests, changes to orders, menu updates and client profiles.
· Proficient with word processing and compose basic email memos.
· Posses the ability to meet unit specific uniform standards for this position.
· Utilize all Personal Protective Equipment per Google guidelines.
· Ensure that students adhere to safety requirements.
· Culinary Certificate or Degree or equivalent experience.
· Certified Culinary Educator preferred
EAT'N PARK, OUR ORIGINAL RESTAURANT
Eat'n Park was founded in 1949 as the first Pittsburgh-area drive-in restaurant with carhops. Though...