Reports to: Executive Chef
1. Check staffing, uniforms, daily production sheets, check production for breakfast, lunch, next day prep, check quality of sauces and product. Train associates on menu items and consistently during peak business, insure pre-meal held daily, cleanliness and daily specials and consistent plate presentation on all times.
2. Check staffing, uniforms, daily production sheets, check production for lunch, next day prep, check quality of sauces.
3. Train associates on menu items, and consistency, to insure pre-meal is held daily, cleanliness, daily specials and consistent plate presentation of all items.
4. Check daily production sheets, check production for sauces, soups, stocks and specials, check quality and consistency of product. Train associate on all items, insure cleanliness and sanitation of production box.
5.Check with Executive Banquet Chef weekly and daily on necessary staffing, soups, stocks, bases needed to fully operate banquet production.
6.Ensure all brunch items are prepared to standard. Insure production is ready and quality is met. Insure product is delivered on a timely basis.
7. Responsible for all areas of the kitchen operation in the absence of the Executive Chef and will be held responsible for overall operation.
8.Responsible for cost controls, menu planning along with the Executive Chef.
9. Ensure coordination of all food production and banquets all specified food on time and to right area.
10. Coordinate with P.M. night chef.
11. Monthly training class with your immediate associates.
Tools and Equipment:
1. Cooking utensils and equipment, pots, pans, dishware, silverware, glassware, food slicing machine, knives
2.Oven, grill/stove burners, microwave appliances,
1.Interior of hotel, in restaurant and kitchen areas, with exposure to humidity, steam and extreme temperatures.
2.Exposure to Food and Beverage hazardous cleaning chemicals.
3.Exposure to food items and beverages.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to:
No Job Description for a position can possibly include all duties, which may be requested by guests or required by the hotel. The objective of all positions is to effectively provide the services personally, or to immediately refer requests to the appropriate department manager.
- Use hands to handle, or feel;
- Reach with hands and arms;
- Climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl;
- Talk or hear and taste or smell;
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds;
- Specific vision abilities required by this job to see, read, write, and use a computer
- Must be able to communicate with guests in English.
Must have minimum 2 years sous chef experience.
Nestled in the fashionable Uptown neighborhood, Hotel ZaZa Dallas offers business and leisure travelers an inspiring hotel experience with extensive perks.
We are currently seeking an experienced Sous Chef to join our leadership team. Only applicants with a strong and proven Culinary background will be considered. Candidates must be passionate about the guest experience. This position provides an exciting opportunity to grow and work with team members who are accustomed to success.
We offer excellent salary and bonus structure, as well as a great opportunity for upward mobility. We also offer a complete benefits package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental, Life, 401K, and PTO.
Hcareers.com - 16 months ago
Hotel ZaZa Dallas is proud to be a pet friendly hotel. With our pet friendly policy, you don't have to leave anyone behind during your...