Requirements - Corp/Field Mgmt
Executive Staff Assistant
JC Penney Company, Inc.
Over 110 years ago, James Cash Penney founded his company on the principle of treating customers the way he wanted to be treated himself: fair and square. Today, rooted in its rich heritage, J. C. Penney Company, Inc. is re-imagining every aspect of its business in order to reclaim its birthright and become America’s favorite store. The Company is transforming the way it does business and remaking the customer experience across its 1,100 jcpenney stores and on jcp.com.
We are currently searching for an Executive Staff Assistant will provide comprehensive support to ensure smooth, efficient operation for an Executive Vice President, as assigned.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Calendar management; opening, sorting, prioritizing incoming mail and e-mail; answering phone and relaying messages; greeting visitors (internal and external); ordering supplies; preparing expense reports; maintaining files.
- Manages requests for the executive’s time by using judgment about the importance and priority of each request while maintaining the satisfaction of those making the requests; sometimes directing to another source or devising creative solutions.
- Reviews incoming inquiries and communications on behalf of the executive, determines level of urgency, and takes appropriate action (e.g., compose draft responses for review, route to appropriate owner, etc.)
- Assists in managing the executive’s workload by organizing and eliminating any unnecessary or relatively minor duties through delegation or action; also suggests delegation on items that could be handled effectively by another in the executive’s organization.
- Ensures accuracy of all reports, letters, or other written material issued by the executive; identifies ways to minimize any unnecessary administrative details or burdens, including reviewing and directing inquiries when appropriate to ensure efficiency.
- Coordinates travel and hotel plans, itineraries, and assists in the logistics of public engagements.
- Maintains regular contact with the executive’s direct reports and executive leadership council.
- Assists with project coordination tasks related to timelines, action items, and reports.
Our corporate office supports the jcpenney stores nationwide. For your flawless and impeccable support we offer a competitive compensation and benefit package including medical/dental, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan, and a merchandise discount plan to jcpenney. Amenities include free covered parking, full cafeteria services, fitness center, on-site childcare, etc. Come be a part of the transformation and make your own runway!
- 8-10 years of experience as an Executive Assistant, with demonstrated success in handling executive level activities with efficiency and poise.
- Sense of urgency and a jump in your step required to maintain fast-paced role.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality with respect to sensitive business or other related matters, including but not limited to written communication.
- Outstanding communication/relationship management skills to serve as liaison for the executive with senior management.
- Ability to exercise considerable judgment, discretion, and diplomacy in all areas of responsibility.
- Strong administrative and clerical skills. Highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook). Experience with a MAC a plus!
- High school education required; some college, business or office management experience desired.
J. C. Penney - 21 months ago