Provides leadership and direction for stewarding operations throughout the property. Supervises and coordinates activities of banquet stewards, pantry, storeroom, and noncooking kitchen workers, and purchases or requisitions kitchen supplies and equipment. Helps in banquets by assisting plate-up and delivering food product.
- Must have an active repertoire of dishes to advance the culinary experience of the outlet staff, and be effective in communicating this curriculum to staff through an ongoing training program.
- Be familiar with traditional and contemporary methods of preparing and presenting local, regional, national and international styles of food.
- Have documented ability to successfully manage individuals and groups in accordance with all current local, state and federal regulations.
- Be current with present health and safety regulations to include local and national certification including Serv-Safe or other nationally recognized certification
- Be aware of contemporary nutritional and health requirements of customer base including dietary and safe food restrictions.
- Have a working knowledge of computers to include spreadsheet and word processing applications.
- Have a working knowledge of food and labor costs and how they are affected by the food production operation.
- This position is not limited to those duties listed in the job description. Duties and responsibilities can be changed, expanded, reduced or deleted to meet business needs of the company.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: T his position has supervisory responsibilities.
JOB REQUIREMENTS : Advanced knife handling skills. Advanced Computer knowledge. Basic math skills. Working understanding of food and labor costs. Written and verbal understanding of English. Must be 21 years or older.
Work entails various conditions of noise levels, temperature, illumination, air quality, crowding, balance and handling of sharp and hot objects. Long hours with over time required at times. Work requires knowledge and use of chemicals and electrical equipment.
The Company provides its employees with a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision care, life insurance and a 401(k) Retirement Plan. In addition to these benefits you are entitled to paid time off (PTO), an employee assistance program (EAP) and more!