About Pixar Animation Studios
Pixar Animation Studios, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is an Academy Award®-winning film studio with world-renowned technical, creative and production capabilities in the art of computer animation. Creator of some of the most successful and beloved animated films of all time, including Toy Story, Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, Cars, Ratatouille, WALL•E, Up and most recently, Brave. The Northern California studio has won 29 Academy Awards® and its eleven films have grossed more than $6.5 billion at the worldwide box office to date. The next film release from Disney•Pixar is Monsters University (June 21, 2013).
Summary of Job:
The executive support administrator is a member of a three-person team which provides a consistently high level of support for Pixar's executive and senior creative staff, tailoring integrated at-work, at-home, and/or mobile solutions for each customer as appropriate. The administrator will be available for last-minute emergencies and serve as a single point of contact for all technical issues. The administrator will also travel both domestically and abroad, on occasion, to support VIPs with off-site presentations. This position will likely not be saturated with VIP support full time, and is thus also expected to perform more regular duties as needed.
- advance the utility, reliability, and security of Macs at Pixar
- support Macintosh computers and iOS devices for executive and senior creative staff
- administer remote support when executives are offsite, via phone, email, remote control, or whatever means necessary
- install, upgrade, and maintain software, hardware and peripherals
- troubleshoot hardware and software problems
- troubleshoot network and remote access connectivity problems
- produce documentation as needed
- be available for support outside of normal work hours
- support occasional off-site presentations, requiring travel, sometimes overseas
- train end-users as needed
- assist other I.S. staff as needed
- provide the highest level of customer service at all times
- desire and ability to exceed expectations
- willingness to master just about anything
- commitment to organization and attention to detail
- prioritize and address multiple tasks in a highly dynamic work environment
- follow through on support requests in a timely manner, collaborating with other team members as needed
- work independently as well as with other members of a team
- communicate technical issues in non-technical terms
- willingness to travel, sometimes with short notice
- patience and diplomacy
- three years of related experience
- ability to troubleshoot Mac software problems, including operating systems, applications, drivers, etc.
- ability to troubleshoot Mac hardware problems, including workstations, servers, drives, cards, printers, scanners, and other peripherals
- ability to troubleshoot iOS devices, including integrated services such as iCloud, Address Book, iCal, etc.
- ability to configure and troubleshoot Mac remote connectivity solutions, including TCP/IP, VPN, PPP, etc.
- proficiency with:
- Mac utilities
- IMAP and POP email clients (Exchange experience not needed)
- Microsoft Office, Web browsers, Keynote, Adobe applications, Final Cut Pro, Address Book, iCal, Final Draft, and FileMaker
- familiarity with:
- residential ISP offerings and issues
- remote query and control tools (such as Apple Remote Desktop, Timbuktu Pro, VNC)
- software distribution tools (such as ARD and Casper)
- personal and enterprise backup solutions (such as Retrospect and NetBackup)
- encryption and security tools (such as FileVault and PGP)
- ssh and log file analysis
- ability to lift and carry computers and monitors
- exceptional oral and written communication skills
- valid driver’s license and passport
- a degree is helpful, but not required
- experience supporting senior staff
- ability to automate system administration functions using Unix shell scripts, Perl, Python, and/or AppleScript
- familiarity with FreeBSD and Linux
- familiarity with Windows
- experience navigating and controlling real-time 3D environments such as Quake and Unreal
Pixar is an equal opportunity employer.
Pixar - 2 years ago
Pixar Animation Studios keeps computer-generating hits. The company has produced about a dozen full-length animated movies, including the...