Bachelor of Science in Accounting/Finance
Illinois Health & Science (IHS) is a not-for-profit healthcare company that owns Decatur Memorial Hospital ( www.dmhcares.org ) , a not-for-profit community hospital, and Zevacor Molecular ( www.zevacor.com ), a for-profit radiopharmaceutical company that manufactures PET and SPECT radiopharmacuticals.
The role of CFO at IHS will be a significant one within the company, with the opportunity to make extensive contributions to organizational policy and strategy.
- Monitor, analyze and forecast the organization’s financial status; making financing and investment recommendations; and identifying and implementing measures that will generate maximum profitability
- Lead the development of business plans; monitor and report against the plans to ensure the organization is meeting its financial goals
- Provide recurring updates and reports to the Board of Directors and executive team members
- Work with the other executive team members to develop and implement strategic plans to grow the organization
- Staff and manage an efficient organization while developing and implementing processes which are necessary to provide financial support to the organization and its employees
- Maintain all financial systems/processes and accounting practices while implementing and enforcing organizational policies; processing financial transactions; monitoring and directing cash flow
- Coordinate the annual audit for the organization
- Oversee all Company accounting practices and manage the accounting, finance, and tax and audit functions
- Responsible for preparing all budgets and financial reports
- Manage relationships with various external constituencies including attorneys, bankers and investors
Key Result Areas:
- Implement financial strategies to enhance the performance of the organization
- Elevate management reporting beyond financial results to tell executives what is happening in the business and to recommend improvements
- Excel in understanding applicable financial and accounting standards and the latitude that the business has within that conceptual framework
The position requires a four year financial degree from an accredited university with an advanced degree in finance, accounting, or business administration preferred. The successful candidate will have a minimum of twelve to fifteen years experience in public or corporate finance with at least five years of responsibility at a director level. The ideal candidate will have previous experience as a CFO and experience with capital markets transactions, fund-raising, capital strategies and developing strategic business plans. The candidate must have strong analytical and technical finance experience as well as the ability to multi-task and successfully manage many priorities at once. Healthcare experience is a plus, but not required.