EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT
Our client, a Christian based Foundation, is looking for an Executive Vice President to join their organization to lead and expand the Houston operations. If that person is you, contact us today to take advantage of this great opportunity!
For more information, please call (713) 960-9898 or visit us at www.vacohouston.com for details.
A Christian based foundation is seeking a high capacity, Christian, marketplace leader for the role of Executive Vice President. The position will work closely with the President of the firm. The new Executive Vice President will be positioned to ascend to the Presidency of the firm within a two year time frame, if not sooner.
The foundation is looking for an individual that possesses strong leadership, business, communication, and interpersonal skills, to be used in overseeing the Prayer, Giver Relationship Management, Communications Management, and Administration departments of the foundation.
Giver Relationship Management
- Pray that the givers to the foundation, their generosity would be a reflection of the love of Christ.
- Pray for the leadership and influence of the Executive Board and the Advisory Board.
- Pray for the staff of the foundation and staffs of other affiliated foundations.
- Pray that God would be glorified through every facet of the foundation’s services.
- Assist in the identification, development and management of ongoing relationships with:
- Individuals, families and companies who are givers or prospective givers served by the foundation.
- Financial advisors who serve individuals, families and companies who are givers or prospective givers of the foundation.
- Ministry and church leaders who desire to increase their capacity to receive gifts in order to minister to the donors God has sent to them.
- Work with the President's guidance to provide direction to the foundation staff in resolving service-related issues with givers, utilizing the appropriate departments and teams of the foundation.
- Ensure the highest standards of service.
- Leverage previous networks to assist the President in convening high net worth donors and individuals in a charitable manner.
- Serve as a skilled and trusted advisor able to provide guidance to and develop a network of sophisticated givers.
- Under the tutelage of the President, this person will acquire the skills to manage the communications resources, processes, and tools to effectively communicate the message of the foundation to givers, advisors, church and ministry leaders and the community at large.
- With input and approval of the Executive Board and the Advisory Board, the Executive Vice President will assist the President in developing an annual strategy to increase communication of foundation capabilities and resources to high net worth givers in foundation’s geographical areas of responsibility.
- Facilitate group and one-on-one gatherings to foster networks of generous givers who share effective giving concepts and who encourage one another.
- Under the direction of the President, the Executive Vice President will work with the foundation marketing/communications team to create or revise product marketing materials for foundation including brochures for individuals, families, corporations, and church and ministry leaders to understand their opportunities to respond generously to God’s calling in their lives.
- Work with the foundation staff to develop presentations to givers, potential givers, advisors, church and ministry leaders, the Executive and Advisory Boards, and other groups requesting programs.
- Work with the President, Foundation Chairman and the Executive Board members to develop an annual comprehensive strategic planning session with participation by the Advisory Board.
- With oversight from the President, the Executive Vice President will participate in development and implementation of an annual operating plan in line with the strategy approved by the Executive and Advisory Boards and in coordination with foundation goals.
Houston Office Operations
- Develop and maintain alliance relationships for joint services to and through the foundation (such as Generous Giving, Kingdom Advisors and The Barnabas Group).
- Attend meetings and conferences of alliance organizations: when a significant number of foundation givers are in attendance; when a speaking opportunity is available; or when there are significant networking opportunities.
Representations on Study Groups and Committees
- Work with the President to develop annual and three year expense budgets for Executive Board approval, and manage the foundation annual budget.
- Will receive mentoring on the management of the business operations of the foundation.
- Monitor monthly financial statements and take effective corrective action as required.
- Will assist the President in preparation to develop, implement, monitor and report on an annual operating plan to meet the annual operating budget, including revenue to be generated from new givers or existing givers as well as contributions from Founders and Supporters to support the operations of the foundation.
- Manage all foundation staff members.
- Through introduction by the President, the Executive Vice President will be expected to build and grow strong working relationships with the Atlanta office personnel to ensure excellent service delivery to givers.
Qualifications & Requirements
- If selected, serve as a member of the foundation’s Network Affiliate Leadership Council.
- Attend Relationship Manager Roundtable meetings (typically two per annum).
- Attend annual Relationship Manager training and other similar events hosted or requested by the foundation.
- The foundation’s mission is “to serve and encourage givers to grow as faithful stewards who give wisely to further the Gospel of Jesus Christ.” It is expected that employees of foundation are evangelical Christians who have a desire to integrate their faith into the workplace.
- College degree in law, business, finance or accounting preferred.
- Ten plus years of high profile, corporate contact or customer service experience.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and to work extended hours, if necessary.
- Responsible Christian lay leader and member in good standing of a Christian church.
- Able to present a personal giving story, a passion for giving and generous background.
- Servant's heart with a service oriented heart for discipleship.
- Detail Oriented executive/professional and effective strategist comfortable with (and ideally demonstrating a footprint of success in) the sales process.
- Highly relational leader, with broad community awareness and interaction.
- Seen within the secular and Christian community as a respected business leader with current close ties or the ability to develop them quickly.
- Ability to effectively articulate the message of the foundation.
Vaco Houston - 15 months ago