The Exercise Instructor is responsible for designing, teaching and instructing preventative care classes. Job duties include, but are not limited to:
1. Starts and finishes each scheduled class on time.
2. Answers client questions and inquiries regarding fitness and training; demonstrates the correct exercise form and procedure for new and existing members on all types of equipment.
3. Submits biweekly timesheets to the Exercise Services Manager .
4. Receives input from members regarding complaints, comments or suggestions and takes appropriate action to assure membership satisfaction.
5. Follows all emergency procedures as outlined in the operations manual.
6. Applies and enforces all fitness center rules and regulations as outlined in the rules and bylaws.
7. Conducts exercise classes for special populations .
8. Coordinates programs, education and information with community organizations such as the American Arthritis Association.
9. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Class education and experience is dependent upon specialty. Current BCLS (CPR + AED) required. Instructor certification for classes taught required. Minimum of two (2) years instruction experience for designated class required.
Additionally, instructors assigned to conduct swimming lessons must possess a Water Safety Instructor (WSI) certification. Certifications in AEA, AFAA, ACE, ACSM and/or Les Mills International Programs preferred.
BryanLGH Medical Center - 14 months ago