Exitcare Content Specialist
Elsevier is the world's leading provider of scientific, technical and medical (STM) information, tools and resources. A global company based in Amsterdam, Elsevier partners with scientists, researchers, healthcare providers, educators and decision-makers in academic institutions, governments and corporations to help them find, evaluate and use information. Our breadth of content is unparalleled, spanning virtually every STM field in the world and includes such distinguished brands as Gray's Anatomy, The Lancet and Cell. Using innovative technology, we deliver our content through tools that help our customers be more productive and successful in their work. ScienceDirect delivers the worlds' leading journals electronically to over 11 million readers in 200 countries. And physicians in 95 percent of teaching hospitals rely on MD Consult to get critical information that can save lives. Elsevier employs over 7,000 people in more than 70 offices worldwide. We are an employer of choice, attracting and developing talented and creative people who thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment. We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package as well as a real opportunity for career growth in a growing organization. Elsevier is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
Triage and manage document requests, Customer Service tickets, custom content pilot project, and assist Medical Literacy Editors and Foreign Language Coordinator with special projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Triage customer tickets including content requests, changes, questions, and projects with appropriate content specialists including VP Content, Director, Content Development, and Director, Clinical Quality Assurance.
- Assist with graphic illustration customization and callouts in all languages.
- Receive, organize and structure custom content (CC) to comply with ExitCare format and XML tagging within Document Management System.
- Maintain metadata for custom documents in assigned medical categories based on customer supplied metadata.
- Manage communication with designated point person at CC participating institutions. This will include a quarterly reporting of Medical Guideline changes and updates as well as sending content to participating institution for final approval once in DMS.
- Publish custom documents using the ExitCare Document Maintainance System.
- Send, receive, input, and tag for XML all Spanish translations for custom content in DMS.
- Coordinate with MLEs to ready content for quarterly release deadlines.
- Communicate with the ExitCare Customer Service Department to ensure that customer content requests are addressed in a prompt and satisfactory manner.
- Provide weekly progress reports to the Director of Content Management.
- Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
– Fosters collaboration and teambuilding; Encourages input from others; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
Oral and Written Communication Skills
- Speaks and writes clearly and persuasively; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
Quality Management Skills
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Develops realistic action plans.
Bachelor’s degree in English, technical writing, communications, or related field and proficiency in Microsoft suite of products are required. Advanced degree in publishing and postgraduate certificate in editing, specifically the life sciences, are highly desirable.
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as assigned by their supervisor.
Jan 31, 2013, 3:42:26 PM
Elsevier - 19 months ago
Finding legal, business, or scientific information is a cinch thanks to Reed Elsevier Group. The company's LexisNexis brand offers...