Job Summary/Basic Function:
Responsible for the pickup and delivery of products and supplies ordered by the college in support of the college mission. Assist with other departmental functions and duties upon completion of primary objectives.
Essential job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Expedite products and supplies to/from vendors in Baytown, Houston, and surrounding areas.
- Pickup and deliver products and supplies to/from satellite campuses in Baytown, McNair, and Huntsville.
- Maintain accurate records pertaining to pickups and deliveries.
- Coordinate and follow-up with vendors regarding product availability to ensure satisfactory completion of pickup requests in a timely manner.
- Pickup and deliver mail to/from U.S. Post Office.
Additional duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain Lee College credit card and reconcile statements semi-monthly.
- Receive and ship products and merchandise via U.S. Mail, UPS , freight companies, and other sources.
- Maintain a shipping and receiving log.
- Drive a vehicle to pick-up and deliver merchandise.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent college benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- High School Diploma or equivalent ( GED ).
- One (1) year of experience in shipping & receiving/warehouse operations preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clear driving record.
- Must have demonstrated recordkeeping skills, as well as good interpersonal skills.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a certificate to operate a forklift.
- Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and equipment, including PCs and their operations.
- Must be able to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to work alone for extended periods and successfully complete tasks and duties with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends.
- Must be able to work overtime on short notice when situations warrant.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to multitask.
- Must carry smart phone at all times while on duty.
- Must answer/respond to texts, emails, and calls in a timely manner.
- Must be able to lift, carry, pull, and push objects or loads of fifty (50) pounds regularly and seventy-five (75) pounds occasionally.
- Must be able to operate a motor vehicle for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work from heights.
- Must be able to ascend and descend a ladder.
- Must be able to perform work with speed and accuracy.
Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume and cover letter.
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
Lee College - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard