Responsible for the timely and efficient ordering of raw materials and finished goods. Interpret and explain blue prints to vendors to ensure correct parts were purchased. Responsible for receiving the best competitive pricing and cutting purchase orders. Compile reports and lists of needed parts, PO's and related jobs. Run reports to support all buyers. Expedite with suppliers, parts needed for on time delivery and pulling in parts when needed to support production, working with suppliers on getting late parts in house. Interface with other departments when needed. Follow through with buyers on issues that need to be resolved or on issues you are having trouble with. Work closely with the buyers and other departments to achieve the desired results of parts coming in to support production. Keeping buyers and production advised of any issues that arise. To be involved with daily and weekly conference calls where expeding is required. Follow through with buyers where IR's and waivers and holding up the delivery of parts.
Minimum 2 years' previous work experience
Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Power Point) and advanced Excel
Post-secondary degree/diploma in business administration considered an asset
- Customer service, organization, collaboration and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities efficiently with minimal supervision
- Strong attention to detail, and display initiative and creativity
< > divgt;Belcan is a leading provider of qualified personnel to many of the world's most respected enterprises. We offer excellent opportunities for contract/temporary, temp-to-hire, and direct assignments in the technical, IT, professional, clerical, and light industrial fields. We are the employer of choice for thousands worldwide. Our overriding goal is to provide quality staffing solutions that help people, organizations, and communities succeed. Belcan is a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. For more information, please visit our website at
- Knowledge of purchasing and expediting techniques and procedures would be considered an asset.
- Experience with an MRP system (Oracle or equivalent) an asset
- Able to lead conversations that may involve conflict.
- Professionalism in all aspects of communication.
- Candidate must have a passion for meeting goals and work well in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to drive short term actions while not losing sight of future sequential activities (ie planning)
Belcan provides engineering, technical recruiting, and staffing services to clients in the aviation, consumer products, and manufacturing...