The Superior Group is seeking an Expeditor II in Olean, NY . Individual is responsible for the timely and efficient ordering of raw materials and finished goods. Interpreted and explained blue prints to vendors to ensure correct parts were purchased. responsible for receiving the best competitive pricing and cutting purchase orders.
Go Beyond. www.superiorjobs.com. EOE M/F/D/V
- Compile reports and lists of needed parts, PO's and relating jobs.
- Run reports to support all buyers
- Expedite with suppliers, parts needed for on time delivery and pulling in parts when needed to support production, working with suppliers on getting late parts in house
- Maintain a 95% on time delivery rate for each supplier.
- Add all expediting note on PO's while speaking with the supplier for all to see what you discussed and what had been done previously
- Interface with other departments when needed.
- Follow through with buyers on issues that need to be resolved or on issues you are having trouble with
- Work closely with the buyers and other departments to achieve the desired results of parts coming in to support production. Keeping buyers and production advised of any issues that arise
- To be involved with daily and weekly conference calls where expediting is required. (This is to include overseas suppliers)
- Follow through with buyers where IRs and waivers are holding up the delivery of parts.
- Obtain certs for material when needed
- Attend meetings when necessary
- Special projects as needed
< > divgt;Required Skills / Qualifications:
< > divgt;
High School diploma
Minimum 2 years' previous work experience in a manufacturing environment
< > divgt;
Skills / Qualifications:
Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Power Point) and advanced Excel
Customer service, organization, collaboration and communication skills
< > divgt;- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities efficiently with minimal supervision
Strong attention to detail, and display initiative and creativity
degree/diploma in business administration considered an asset
Knowledge of purchasing and expediting techniques and procedures would be considered an asset.
Experience with an MRP system (Oracle or equivalent) an asset
Able to lead conversations that may involve conflict.
Professionalism in all aspects of communication.
Candidate must have a passion for meeting goals and work well in a fast paced environment.
< > divgt;- Ability to drive short term actions while not losing sight of future sequential activities (ie planning)
Superior Group - 9 months ago
The Superior Group, Inc. (the Company) is fully committed to the concept and practice of equal opportunity and affirmative action in all...