TITLE: EXPENSE CONSULTANT
LOCATION: MASSMUTUAL – 1295 State Street
COMPANY MASSMUTUAL FINANCIAL GROUP
Chartered in 1851, Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company (“MassMutual” or the “Company”) is a leading mutual life insurance company that is run for the benefit of its members and participating policyholders. The Company has a long history of financial strength and strong performance, paying dividends to eligible participating policyholders every year since the 1860s. MassMutual is headquartered in Springfield, Massachusetts and its major subsidiaries include OppenheimerFunds, Inc., Babson Capital Management LLC, Cornerstone Real Estate Advisers LLC, Baring Asset Management Limited and First Mercantile Trust Company.
MassMutual Financial Group (“MMFG”) is a marketing name for Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company and its affiliated companies and sales representatives. MMFG is a global, diversified financial services organization providing life insurance, disability income insurance, long term care insurance, retirement/401(k) plan services, annuities, investment management, mutual funds and trust services to individual and institutional investors. With whole life insurance as its foundation, the company’s strong and growing network of financial professionals helps clients make good financial decisions for the long-term. MassMutual, or its subsidiaries, also have operations in Asia, Europe and Latin America.
MassMutual has maintained some of the highest financial strength ratings in any industry, and is committed to maintaining a position of preeminent financial strength by achieving consistent, long-term profitable growth. In total, MassMutual worldwide insurance in-force was $532 billion at the end of 2009, and assets under management were $420 billion. Premium and other deposits totaled $27 billion for 2009. MassMutual is ranked 93 on the Fortune 500 list and was also named one of Fortunes “Most Admired” companies.
Retirement Services Finance is a highly respected, consultative group. Our mission is to influence action and drive results by proactively producing and communicating financial trends and solutions in anticipation of business partner needs.
With limited supervision, responsible for providing analytical support for the more complex budget and expense management functions dealing directly with department leadership. This is a senior skill level. Position may provide functional advice or training to less experienced expense consultants and specialists.
Job Responsibilities & REQUIREMENTS:
- Seasoned individual capable of handling broad scope projects that have short to medium-term focus
- Works with guidance on more complex projects
- Capable of applying knowledge to handle all but the most complex problems independently
- Anticipates change and directs or redirects efforts
- Looks for and finds ways to improve operations
- Individual typically has at least 5-7 yrs of related experience
- Responsible for monthly expense reporting including expense forecast
- Report on trends and provide insight into expense results
- Assist with the oversight of the division’s budget process
- Identify expense efficiency opportunities across the business
- Provide analytical support pertaining to expense results compared to prior year and plan/forecast expectations
- Promptly respond to various ad hoc analytics and management requests
- Support the RS strategic planning process
- Participate in meetings with the Senior Management to positively influence expense management
- Partner with Corporate Finance
SAP experience a plus
- Expense management and/or reporting experience
- In-depth understanding and knowledge of expense accounting
- Superior organization skills
- Ability to multi-task effectively in a fast paced environment
- High responsiveness and flexibility to changing business priorities and tight deadlines
- Ability to collaborate with others across the organization
- Strong analytic and problem solving capabilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- BS degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related business field
- CPA a plus
§ Focus on the Customer . Know your customers well; add value with a sense of urgency.
§ Act with Integrity : Be trustworthy, adhere to high ethical standards, adhere to the letter and spirit of applicable laws, rules, regulations and company policies
§ Value People . Lead people to success; appreciate diverse backgrounds, ideas and experiences.
§ Work Collaboratively . Partner with others to achieve results that leverage the right resources
§ Achieve Results . Focus on winning; consistently exceeds expectations, beat the competition.
We pay competitive base salaries and we reward performance. Our salary structure is commensurate with experience. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including medical insurance and 401(K).
If you would like to apply to this position please click on the URL and enter the job post number nc50500960 using the “Keyword Search” function.
In addition, if you would like to learn more about MassMutual, please visit www.massmutual.com .
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer M/F/D/V. We welcome all persons to apply.
If you feel you need an accommodation to apply for one of our open positions, please contact us at (413) 744-6825.
Monster - 22 months ago
MassMutual's business structure is built to support its mutual ownership. MassMutualâ€™s strategic investments in...