The Experience Design lead is the product team's most vocal advocate for the end user throughout the design and development process. They work with the product manager to effectively uncover client’s true needs. They own user research, synthesis, ideation and framework specification. They identify personas, mental models, and process flows. They also create use case diagrams, scenarios and key wireframe flows. They also work with and direct the product design team to create concrete solutions in the form of full wireframe flows and product architecture.
Handsome is an interactive agency that focuses on creating digital experiences for web and mobile based products. We’re full service and root our successful approach to experience design in research and strategy and have the development chops to build and launch anything. We work with some of the most interesting and exciting startups as well as the world’s more innovative and forward thinking brands. We build products that people use. We have fun doing it.
What we’re looking for
- A portfolio demonstrating the ability to plan and execute research.
- A portfolio demonstrating the ability to produce detailed and documented wireframes of appropriate design solutions.
- 3-5 years of design experience.
- Mastery of at least one common prototyping tool (omnigraffle, keynote, sketch, fireworks or illustrator).
- Previous experience with mobile applications and understanding of current mobile platforms and general best practices in interface and interaction design.
- Portfolio showing the ability to rigorously externalize and synthesize data from qualitative user research.
- Ability to lead ideation sessions using appropriate methodology.
- Willingness to work hard to produce deliverables on aggressive timelines.
- Ability to create timelines and sprint plans for the design and development process up through visual design.
- Ability to effectively and tactfully express divergent opinions.
What you’ll be doing
- Creating discussion guides and activities that will help client teams express both business goals and current understanding of target users.
- Creating research plans, participant screeners and discussion guides for immersive user research that are appropriate for both budget and client.
- Conducting immersive user research and usability tests. This includes contextual inquiry, user interviews and think-aloud testing.
- Synthesizing data gained from research through externalization, manipulation and modeling. This includes but is not limited to process flows, affinity diagrams, cultural & mental models.
- Writing out both high level (context) and detailed use cases and scenarios for how a user would interact with a system.
- Creating site maps and initial application architecture models to conceptualize the organization of the full system.
- Identifying and eloquently presenting key insights, personas, mental models, design criteria, and pain points, all of which are gleaned from immersive user research and usability testing. This includes not only the ability to present concepts but cleverly field questions and guide conversations.
- Working with the Product Design Team to direct the creation of design solutions in the form of detailed wireframe flows.
- Supervising and mentoring during the production detailed wireframe flows and documentation of appropriate design solutions.