Fellows typically work in teams of 2 or 3. You should identify a work partner(s) for this opportunity and jointly apply for the program. Teams serve to better balance workloads and are better suited to address complex issues.
- This opportunity requires about 20 hours a week per person. Work hours are generally flexible and require extensive client interaction.
- Work locations are flexible, but key meetings are at the client site or Civic Consulting's Loop office.
Fellows will have the opportunity to:
- Weekly problem-solving sessions with the Civic Consulting Alliance principals are required, as are weekly or bi-weekly client updates.
- Complete a high-impact project for the city of Chicago or one of its Sister Agencies
- Work with a Civic Consulting principal to define the problem, architect a solution and oversee implementation of the solution
- Work with senior executives in the Chicago government and gain valuable experience working within the context of a public-private partnership.
- At least 5 years of business experience, preferably in consulting or project management
- Masters degree in business, public policy, public affairs or related field
- Significant analytic, relationship management, research, and communication skills. Specific business skills may be required for some projects
- Ability to work with a variety of people in a complex political environment
- Track record of success in large organizations and ability to get things done in multiple settings
- Desire to serve the City of Chicago and its government agencies