Be a Sr. member of a staff of of design engineers, drafters and others in producing engineering drawings, product specifications, technical reports and other technical documents for Howden North America [HNA], utilizing established standards and procedures in order to meet the customers’ budget, time and quality requirements.
Key Responsibilities, Accountabilities & Deliverables
1. Sr. role in the HNA engineering department, including design engineers, drafters, BOM coordinators and others.
2. Provide technical guidance to engineering department as well as all of the division and other parts of HNA, when required.
3. Establish and maintain necessary procedures and standards in order to complete work that complies with all Howden technical requirements.
4. Assign and monitor projects, tasks and other workload to subordinates, ensuring that work is completed accurately and on time in order to support all other parts of the division in meeting customer needs.
5. Establish and maintain Key Performance Indicators [KPIs] to measure forecast engineering and drafting workload in connection with standard work hours required, forecast sales and personnel productivity / efficiency within the department.
6. When required, work with the Sales organization to provide customers and internal departments technical information necessary to reach an amicable resolution of customer issues in the most economical fashion to HNA without sacrificing customer satisfaction.
7. Work closely with Finance and VP of HNA Aftermarket on departmental budgets and forecasts and reporting on actual performance against budget.
8. Responsible for the execution of a tactical plan for the engineering department, based on the three to five year strategic plan, regarding HNA sales and sales support. This includes structuring and staffing the department as necessary to support the plan.
9. Continually improve processes and procedures of the department in order to improve customer response time and accuracy of all information through team based approaches.
10. Lead the effort to provide your organization with meaningful information, knowledge, and tools in order to support the customer.
11. Increase employee effectiveness by increasing product knowledge through educational offerings, communications and technology so that the focus is on meeting internal and external customer needs.
12. Maintain close working relationship with other department leaders in order to understand the competitive marketplace and create plans / programs to leverage that knowledge to offer additional technical support for the benefit of customers and HNA.
13. Continually cross-train staff so that customers’ needs are continuously and consistently met by knowledgeable and trained staff without business interruption.
14. Able to fully perform all of the responsibilities of a Design Engineer.
15. Recognize that selection, development, and retention of employees is one of the primary objectives of management roles.
16. Create a team environment that is welcoming, customer-focused, motivating, and developmental so that Howden becomes an employer of choice and employees are encouraged to perform at their highest levels.
17. Develop clarity around employee roles, organization and individual goals, and integrated processes and systems, thereby creating an organization structure that creates value for both internal and external customers.
18. Assess, coach and develop employees to ensure achievement of both short-term and long-term goals.
19. Hold employees accountable for achieving performance objectives, developing themselves, building relationships and for working effectively as a team to be better prepared for organizational growth and change.
20. Effectively execute all Company talent management processes to leverage our talented workforce as a competitive advantage.
21. Provide leadership by developing, communicating and executing a 3-5 year strategic plan that is customer-focused, solution driven, dedicated to profitable growth, and aligned with organizational goals.
22. Develop, communicate, and execute annual budgets and operation/business plans and tactics to support the strategic plan.
23. Ensure aligned and responsive business, team, and individual goal setting process to enable focused goals at all levels of the organization.
24. Drive day-to-day operations and management required to execute the operation/business plan.
25. Ensure that appropriate reporting, financial, operational controls and KPI’s are in place to protect business interests and to provide notice of the need for redirection.
26. Engages with all businesses and functions to promote and sustain a continuous improvement culture within the organization and within division/function. Foster the right balance of following standard documented procedures with innovative thinking and continuous improvement.
27. Create and encourage an atmosphere of partnership, collaboration and teamwork with other divisions and with Shared Services (Finance, IT, Engineering, HR, Legal, Quality). Leverage networks across the business to ensure that enabling strategies and tactics are in place and are consistent with broader business strategies and tactics.
28. Become expert in applicable processes and associated documentation relative to area of responsibility and ensure all employees receive required QMS training.
29. E nsure safe work practices are followed by consistently providing required EH&S training for all staff members, reporting all safety incidents and near misses on a timely basis and maintaining the goal of “zero” lost time incidents.
30. Continually gather critical site information about HNA’s installed base and use it to prospect for additional opportunities and improve global visibility of HNA in the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) System.
Key Performance Indicators
Experience, Competencies and Education
- Performance KPI’s (to be developed annually)
- Order error rate tied to technical issues / BOMs
- Timely production of required documents
- Development of succession plan
- Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical engineering or related field.
- 7 years of relevant background including a combination of engineering, product development and/or field service with fans or related turbo-machinery, evidencing career growth.
- 5 years of successful engineering focused supervisory experience, evidencing the ability to create and maintain strong relationships with customers and employees.
- An intimate understanding of the product and service offerings and customer base, both power and industrial.
- Experience with custom engineered equipment and products.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- High moral and ethical standards; integrity is continuously apparent.
- Proficient in Autocad and Inventor 3D drafting software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc. Comfortable navigating the internet.
- Able to work in a matrix organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills – active listener, clear and concise communicator (both oral and written); proven collaboration skills.
- Extensive analytical skills.
Please contact Kurt Dooley @ 954-681-4669 or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Advanced degree such as MBA or MS in a management or business major
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) status.
- Comfortable and effective working in the “virtual world”
Monster - 16 months ago
Snelling - Amherst
Snelling Staffing Services
- 4 days ago
PCB Piezotronics, Inc.
PCB Piezotronics, Inc.
- 30+ days ago
Sr. Manufacturing Engineer
Byrnes and Rupkey, Inc.
Byrnes and Rupkey, Inc.
- 17 days ago