We are looking for a qualified candidate to be a part of our team here at our IHG property. This is an entry level position but we would like to see the following qualifications in our candidates:
Job Summary: Audits, balances, and reports on the rooms and front desk to provide accurate and timely financial information on the hotel's operational performance for the day. Oversees front office/front desk operations during the overnight shift (11:00pm to 7:00am). We also require Night Auditors to help setup breakfast for guests before breakfast hostess arrives.
- Checks front office accounting records for accuracy and compiles information for the hotel's financial records.
- Tracks room revenues, occupancy percentages, and other front office operating statistics.
- Prepares summary of cash, check, and credit card activities, reflecting the hotel's financial performance for the day.
- Posts room charges and room taxes to guest accounts
- Verifies all account postings and balances.
- Summarizes results of operations and prepares reports for management.
- Performs duties of the Front Desk Agent.
- Breakfast setup
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Experience:
- High school & college diploma or equivalent.
- Accounting background preferred.
- Previous hotel experience desired.
- Strong customer service orientation and skills.
- Present a professional image, and able to communicate well with both guests and employees.
- Ability to operate front office equipment and computers.
- Experience with Opera and IHG property is preferred but not required
- Ability to compile facts and figures.
- Ability to understand principles of auditing, balancing, and closing out accounts.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
- Basic math skills
- Honest & reliable.
We are looking for someone to be apart of our team long term. If you meet these qualifications please email your resume, 3 employment related references & cover letter. And title the subject of the email HIE Night Auditor Position.