Share our pride. Join our mission.
We are currently seeking talented Expert Queue Senior |
Mortgage Processors for our San Antonio, Texas location.
Apply now! Candidates hired before 09/30/13 are eligible for a sign on bonus up to $5,000 based on qualifications and actual job level hired into .
PURPOSE OF JOB
As a Expert Queue Senior Mortgage Processor is responsible for providing "best in class" service to our USAA members by providing processing assistance in reference to their current mortgage loan in process. The Expert Queue Senior Mortgage Processor works to ensure our member's phone inquiry is fully resolved and acts as a liaison between the Mortgage Processor and our member. This is an individual contributor role that handles complex member inquires, reports to a mortgage fulfillment manager, and spends their day on a phone queue assisting our members who call via our telephone channel.
As a Senior Mortgage Customer Care Specialist for USAA, you will provide support and leadership by coaching and guiding the team in achieving performance objectives and assist with on-the-job training. You will support management decisions and implement change at the unit level. You will serve as a subject matter expert while handling and resolving the most complex loan requests and issues.
Work Schedule / Training Hours
- Serves as coach, SME and mentor to the team by providing coaching and feedback to aid in the development of new skills and refinement of existing skills while keeping management informed of progress.
- Handles the most complex loan request and member issues.
- Processes and closes USAA Insider and employee conventional or VA mortgage loan requests.
- Serves as a project resource and subject matter expert in process or system enhancements.
- In the manager's absence, assumes manager's primary business duties for the daily operation of the unit.
- Ability to work a five day 40 hour work week Monday through Friday from 7:30am-7:00pm (overtime and weekends as needed).
- Ability to attend up to 8 weeks of paid structured classroom training: Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:30pm.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Three years of mortgage loan processing experience OR One year of mortgage processing experience AND four years mortgage underwriting and/or mortgage closing experience.
- One year working with automated underwriting systems.
Qualifications and/or experience may warrant placement at a different level.
- 3 years of customer service/call center experience
- 3 years of mortgage loan experience
- 3 years of mortgage loan sales experience
- 3 years of customer contact experience in a mortgage services call center
- 3 years experience with VA, FHA and conventional loan products
- 3 years of mortgage underwriting experience/knowledge
- 1 year of experience working with Desktop Underwriter
- Strong problem-resolution and communication skills
- Successful completion of military service
In addition to other USAA applicant screenings, individuals hired for this position must be federally registered on the National Mortgage and Licensing System Registry (NMLSR) after being hired. The NMLSR will require you to provide identification information, financial services related employment history, and disclose certain criminal, civil judicial or regulatory/licensing actions that have been brought against you. It also requires that you be fingerprinted for an FBI background check.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Percentage of Travel:
USAA - 16 months ago
FOR OUR VETERANS:
Did you know USAA has numerous career opportunities that don’t require corporate experience? If you’re...