Interest Sub Category:
Job Title :
Expert Word Processor
Type of Position:
The minimum qualifications for this position include:
• Associate Degree or equivalent demonstrated combination of education, skills, knowledge, abilities and experience
• Minimum of five years related experience
• Strong communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
• Ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently
• Ability to work well with technical employees
• Ability to function effectively under time constraints, as well as prioritize and schedule workload to meet deadlines
• Proficiency in usage of internet search engines, electronic mail systems, and spreadsheet applications
• Advanced Word processing including creating styles, generating auto-TOCs, inserting tables, objects and JPEGs
• Advanced Adobe Acrobat PDF, comfortable manipulating PDFs, preparing PDFs for professional printing
• Must be comfortable giving intricate direction to vendors including printers
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
Do the best work of your life!
URS is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world. The Company offers a broad range of planning, engineering and architectural design, environmental, construction, program and construction management, systems integration, operations and maintenance, management and a wide range of specialized technical services for the U.S. federal government, state and local government agencies, Fortune 500 companies and other multinational corporations. We provide services for transportation, hazardous waste, industrial infrastructure and process, petrochemical, general building, water/wastewater, military facilities and equipment platforms, and defense and security programs.
The Infrastructure / Engineering Division of URS is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Word Processing Expert for immediate employment in the Minneapolis office. The appropriately qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate an established career in Administrative Services, specific to Environmental Services / Engineering. URS is proud to provide our employees with exciting, challenging projects.
• Will provide support and communication on large environmental documents
• Conducts review / screening of documents
• Follows style guides, ensures consistency in verb tenses, acronym usage and definitions, creates acronyms list
• May conduct research for references cited in documents
• Copy edit documents under guidance
• Responsible for document production and work with senior editors as needed
• Provides any additional project support required by project managers
• Provides administrative assistance as needed
• Will cross train with other departments and will provide back up as necessary