GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Responsibilities include: Maintain and organize the exploration drill hole and geochemical database in acquire. This includes drill program data maintenance and extraction as well as data quality control, baseline maintenance, continuous improvement of acquire-based systems, report development from data, and support for acquire, Vulcan, ArcGIS and GoCad users.
BASIC REQUIREMENTS: To be considered for this job, applicants must meet these basic requirements:
• Satisfactory safety, performance, and attendance records-required
• Self-starter that can work with minimum supervision-required
• Experience & thorough understanding of databases required
• Excellent computer skills required.
• Experience and understanding of databases required
• Team leader & ability to solve problems required
• Ability to write T-SQL queries-preferred
• Ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel required
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
• BS in science related field preferred
• Experience with ArcGIS, Vulcan and Gocad software preferred
• Experience with MS Office software preferred
BARRICK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Barrick Gold Corporation - 15 months ago
In the world of mining, Barrick's name is golden. The company became the world's #1 gold producer (ahead of Newmont Mining and...