Yusen Logistics (Americas) provides the business advantage to some of the world’s largest retailers, auto manufactures, consumer electronics companies and more. Our services ensure that our customer goods move from production through the supply chain to the end user. Offering air and ocean freight forwarding, global warehousing, transportation, reverse logistics, surface transportation and supply chain solutions, we perform a key role in keeping world trade moving. Globally Yusen Logistics employs over 17,000 staff across 412 offices.
As part of the NYK Group established in 1885, one of the worlds most recognized and trusted names in shipping and logistics, Yusen Logistics is consistently recognized as one of the world’s most ethical and sustainable companies.
To receive and process export of client’s shipment via truckers, airlines and steamship companies. The Export Agent is responsible for executing all functions related to the successful operation of this position and to provide top notch customer service with continual improvement in mind.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Communicate effectively with carriers and overseas agents and internal/external customers via phone and email.
- Take booking requests and export customer service calls throughout the day.
- Make sure we have current buying/selling rates set up for every export shipment we handle before making necessary bookings.
- Create proper and complete export documentation and send pre-alerts. Request documents from shipper as required, this includes the power of attorney, commercial invoice, packing list and SLI.
- Review standard operating procedures to insure compliance, TSA, ISO, TAPA, IMDG.
- Proactively notify customers of ANY delays regarding arrival or delivery of their cargo. Additional billing and notification as required.
- Negotiates trucking rates and approves all truck bills for payment.
- May dispatch drivers to customers to pick up freight and monitor its arrival for consolidation
- May issue Certificate of Origin; registrations; may sign truck pros for incoming cargo, prepare shippers export declaration (SED), insurance certificates, letters of credit; bank drafts.
- May be responsible for special shipment involving perishables (live sea urchins, cherries, etc.) and/or be in charge of special accounts.
- May require driving company van; forklift; use of scales.
- Insure that files are closed in a timely manner (2-5 days).
Education and Experience: High School Diploma; minimum of 1-3 years of experience in exports, transportation, logistics, or project management; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Education and Experience: High School Diploma plus three or more years’ related experience in transportation, logistics, or project management; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Employment with Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. comes with competitive pay and an excellent benefits package including paid vacations, holidays and sick time. Insurance benefits include medical, prescription, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents. The company also provides short term and long term disability, group life insurance, and AD&D. Additionally there is a generous 401K savings plan and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) benefit. We offer company-paid skills training, as well as a Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance program and career and advancement opportunities.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc - 16 months ago