Well known as a retail industry leader, Daymon Worldwide has evolved from its roots as a Private Brand pioneer into a full-service retail branding and sourcing company with a global presence. Daymon’s portfolio of companies has expertise across a full array of retail services, including Private Brand Development, Strategy & Branding, Sourcing & Logistics, Retail Merchandising and Consumer Experience Marketing. Daymon Worldwide provides its leading-edge services through multiple business units organized under one corporate umbrella. As a company of 22,000 associates operating on six continents, we bring an enterprise-wide window to the world and real-time experience that is surpassed by none.
This position is responsible for overseeing the processing of orders and coordination of the shipment of sales to the Sales Director(s) in the Walnut Creek office of Omni Pacific. This person will prepare vendor purchase orders and customer sales contracts for the Sales Director to review and sign. Will be in daily contact with customers, vendors, warehouse and transportation companies. Some but not much business travel involved. Will fill in for the Sales Director when they are out of the office. Ideal candidate will be a person who has the skill set to become a Sales Director themself some day after a few years of training and acceptable performance in this assistant role.
Duties, Responsibilities and Expected Contributions
- Primary duty is assisting the Sales Director on a daily basis to handle all routine matters in the buying and selling of products and the issuance of product contracts to vendors and ourr overseas retailers and wholesalers. Cordinating all aspects of purchase and customer sales in direction of the Sales Director including customer payments and claims resolution.
- Developing excellent communications and teamwork skills with the Sales Director(s) and other office staff and all of our suppliers to maintain our reputation and position of Omni-Pacific as a preferred and dependable trading partner to export their products.
- Assisting the Sales Director(s) to develop and/or maintain good relationships with all of our customers to maintain the company reputation and position Omni-Pacific as their preferred best service supplier and a dependable trading partner.
- Some travel may be required to assista at tradeshows or conferences both domestic and overseas.
- To be able to fill in for the Sales Director(s) desk whenever they are out of the office regardless of a sick day or extended business trip.
a) Experience Required
b) Functional Knowledge and Business Expertise Required
- Associate Degree or higher is required.
- Some prior experience in the food business or sales preferred and any international business experience a strong plus.
- Ability to speak fluentily and to read and write in Mandarin is required.
- Must possess strong interpersonal communication and teamwork skills
- Must possess strong written skills to ensure clear and effective phone and electronic (primarily via e-mail) communications are maintained with vendors and customers
- Must be highly proficient with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to change role with little notice from sales assistant ro buyers assistant to trdnsportation and accounting mentaility throughout the work day.
Daymon - 23 months ago