Export Compliance Analyst
Bringing the Next Generation of Innovation Closer:
Whenever you view a web site, click a mouse, make a cell phone call, or turn on a TV you touch our work. As a world leader in test, measurement and monitoring technology, we enable our customers to do more than they ever have. Technical innovators of all kinds benefit from our products and expertise.
Our customers work in communications, computer, semiconductor, military/aerospace, consumer electronics, education, broadcast and other fields all over the globe. Their reputations and success depend on our passion for solving their most complex measurement problems. We help them measure, analyze and test next generation devices to ensure accurate performance, reliability, and compatibility.
It's amazing what the right group of people can accomplish. No matter their experience or background, our dedicated associates work in tandem to deliver test and measurement solutions; the very solutions that make innovations such as the explosive growth in global communication and Internet advanced technologies a reality. Welcome to Tektronix.
As an integral part of the Trade Compliance team and under the direction of the Trade Compliance Manager and reporting to Legal, the Export Compliance Analyst will support Tektronix’s export compliance efforts worldwide.
Essential Duties/Responsibilities include
- Analyzes and interprets requirements for compliance as they relate to:
- Export Administration Regulations (EA) of the U.S. Department of Commerce Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS),
- U.S. Treasury Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC),
- U.S. Census Bureau's Automated Export System (AES), and
- other applicable Government Agency rules and regulations;
- Provides guidance to internal business partners in day-to-day compliance matters which are not limited to but include customer and transaction screening, ECCN classification, export license determination and drafting licensing applications.
- Prepares and submits export license applications and classification requests (CCATS) to BIS.
- Conducts training on government laws and regulations, as well as company's policy and procedures, to company associates and new hires.
- Monitors changes in export regulations, analyze impact on business and implement changes.
- Performs annual export compliance internal assessments.
- Consults with International Trade Compliance Counsel as needed to resolve difficult legal compliance issues.
Work is performed under minimal supervision; Export Compliance Analyst has ownership of export compliance program. Within overall established policy, has latitude to determine own practices and procedures.
- 3+ years of experience in an export compliance role.
- 1+ years of experience with export classification and licensing.
- 1+ years of experience with drafting policies and procedures, providing export compliance training, and conducting internal audits.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check. Tektronix is an equal opportunity employer. Tektronix does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability (if the individual can perform the essential functions of the position with reasonable accommodation), pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, veteran
- Experience with CCL Category 3, 4, 5 and encryption classification.
- Experience with automated trade compliance screening tools.
- Proficient with MS Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
- Strong research and process development skills.
- Previous experience in a multi-tasking environment with ability to exercise good judgment and independent analysis.
- Ability to interface and work well with Government agencies.
- Ability to communicate and work with all levels within the Company.
- Good understanding of US and international export laws as they relate to exports of US products/technology from distribution sites outside of the US.
's status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
For those with a qualified disability: At any time during the application process, should you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. When submitting your request, please provide all relevant details in your message and the best way to contact you.
Candidates with less education/experience may be considered for other opportunities.
How to Apply: Apply online.
Danaher is a diversified technology leader that designs, manufactures, and markets innovative products and services to professional, medical, industrial, and commercial customers. Our portfolio of premier brands is among the most highly recognized in each of the markets we serve. Danaher's portfolio is comprised of five reporting segments: Test & Measurement; Environmental; Life Sciences & Diagnostics; Dental; and Industrial Technologies. Driven by a foundation provided by the Danaher Business System, Danaher's 48,000 associates serve customers in more than 125 countries and generated $13.2 billion of revenue in 2010.
Legal & Compliance
North America-United States-Oregon-Beaverton
Tektronix measures up as a leader in the testing industry. The company, widely known as Tek, is one of the world's largest makers of test...