We’re searching for a sharp Export Compliance Manager who believes in being consensus driven to join our International Trade Compliance Team. This position has a diverse set of responsibilities therefore requires a dynamic personality – someone who is energetic and truly a self starter. Moog is a worldwide designer, manufacturer and integrator of high performance motion control products and systems. As a company, we’ve grown steadily over the years and now have a multitude of locations across the U.S., and the growth is expected to continue. This is where you come in, and why you’re so important to our business success!
In this corporate position you will act as strategic advisor and primary point of contact for all Moog Operating Groups and Corporate departments and be responsible to develop and document export procedures consistent with their business objectives and global strategies and ensure that the exporting activities of each are conducted in compliance with US laws regulating the export of goods, technology and services from the United States as well as laws regulating exportation of U.S. goods, technology or products manufactured abroad from U.S. technology from Moog's foreign operations.
Are you up for the challenge?!
We expect the person selected to have at minimum:
o Developing and setting Corporate policy and providing assistance and guidance in the development of exporting policies and procedures to all Moog Operating Groups
- A BS or BA degree in the field of international business, law, finance or other related area; MS/MBA degree is a plus.
- 10 years of progressive experience in the field of export/import is required.
- Proven capabilities in project management and leadership; integrity and professionalism, as well as communication i.e. written, oral and listening.
- Must be able to develop trusting relationships with all levels of the organization.
- Expert in EAR, ITAR, OFAC, FDA regulations and a person with strong familiarity with Customs and import regulations.
- This position requires a person with demonstrated success in initiatives that require a high level of collaboration. Among many others, these initiatives will include:
o Ensuring licensing and exporting procedures produce documentation that is complete and compliant
o Providing guidance, information and advice regarding export product classification matters- including the determination and certification of appropriate legal authority
o Responsibility for obtaining commodity jurisdictions when required
o Assisting the Corporate International Trade and Compliance Manager in the recognition, investigation and corrective actions associated with the process of voluntary disclosures
o Acting as focal point and advisor for exporting problems resulting in delayed or seized shipments in cooperation with Operating Group personnel
o Ensuring consistent management of item exportability decisions and communication across Moog's operations
Due to U.S. government and military contracts candidates must be a U.S. citizen. You must be willing to travel on average 20%, depending on business activity. Travel could include international locations.
At Moog you have to be ready for the fact that this is a different kind of company, and it always has been. It's partly about having absolute faith in the people around you to do a great job; and it's partly about being excited about the kind of work we are doing here, but there is more, much more.
You can do this.
Moog, Inc - 18 months ago