Yusen Logistics (Americas) provides the business advantage to some of the world’s largest retailers, auto manufactures, consumer electronics companies and more. Our services ensure that our customer goods move from production through the supply chain to the end user. Offering air and ocean freight forwarding, global warehousing, transportation, reverse logistics, surface transportation and supply chain solutions, we perform a key role in keeping world trade moving. Globally Yusen Logistics employs over 17,000 staff across 412 offices.
As part of the NYK Group established in 1885, one of the worlds most recognized and trusted names in shipping and logistics, Yusen Logistics is consistently recognized as one of the world’s most ethical and sustainable companies.
Coordinate the movement of international NVOCC export shipments and prepare documentation of export freight. Work with Ocean Carriers, Truckers, Brokers and Railyards. Ability to track, trace and update are customer related issues to external and internal clients. Must have a customer service oriented skill set. In this job you might be asked to lift weights up to 30 lbs and drive a forklift. Forklift certification is not required but preferred. If you do not have a forklift certification Yusen Logistics will get you certified.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Effectively communicate with internal/external customers via phone or email.
- Take incoming customer calls and respond to issues quickly and accurately.
- Insure door moves are completed timely and to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Whenever possible, set delivery appointments and insure carrier compliance.
- Review Standard Operating Procedures to insure compliance.
- Proactively notify customers of ANY delays regarding arrival or delivery of their cargo.
- Additional billing and notification as required.
- Maintain Per-Diem notification and billing to address issues, stop losses and create revenue stream.
- Update P.O.D.’s regularly and review P.O.D. Exception report twice per week.
- Encourage Kaizen and PRIDE projects whenever possible.
- Prioritize, organize and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Entry Writer Support
- Entry breakdown with 2 hour turn around
- Assist with scanning and emailing
- Filing within the same day
- Back up Traffic and Documentation desk
- Data entry, audit dates, POD’s
- Maintain specified spread sheets
- Create client billing
- Track and Trace delivery orders
- Notify team of problems immediately
- Entry opening within 24 hours of receipt
- File audit
- Assist with training and education of fellow staff, customers and other biz units
- Increase profit – Cargo insurance, “best in class service”, profit mark up etc
- Monitor and develop KPI’s
Education and Experience: Minimum of High School Diploma plus three or more years’ related experience in transportation, logistics, or project management; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of Kewill is a plus.
Employment with Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. comes with competitive pay and an excellent benefits package including paid vacations, holidays and sick time. Insurance benefits include medical, prescription, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents. The company also provides short term and long term disability, group life insurance, and AD&D. Additionally there is a generous 401K savings plan and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) benefit. We offer company-paid skills training, as well as a Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance program and career and advancement opportunities.