Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. provides the business advantage to some of the world’s largest retailers, auto manufactures, consumer electronics companies and more. Our services ensure that our customer goods move from production through the supply chain to the end user. Offering air and ocean freight forwarding, global warehousing, transportation, reverse logistics, surface transportation and supply chain solutions, we perform a key role in keeping world trade moving. Globally Yusen Logistics employs over 17,000 staff across 412 offices.
As part of the NYK Group established in 1885, one of the world’s most recognized and trusted names in shipping and logistics, Yusen Logistics is consistently recognized as one of the most ethical and sustainable companies.
Performs all the duties of the Export Supervisor or Assistant Export Manager and manages the Export Department within a Branch.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Develops professional customer services.
· Coordinates and generates sales
· Manages operations (i.e. negotiating with an choosing carriers that offer the best transit time, rates and optimum profit; may re-route shipments already in transit; may route dangerous goods shipments; may sign letters of credit.) May organize consolidations. Negotiates with agents.
· Responsible for all accounting functions; receivables, monthly revenue reports, vendor payables, case reports, shipment activity reports, etc.
· Responsible for settling insurance claims.
· Maintain frequent interaction with other branches when preparing consolidations and must support and promote cooperation and interchange of ideas when organizing logistics.
· Enter essential duties and responsibilities here.
Supervises and/or trains the export staff and is responsible for properly organizing different job functions and ensuring various export tasks are completed.
Responsible for the export staff being on time daily, and any time off for sickness, holidays or vacation. This includes updating E-time as necessary.
Education and Experience: Four Year college degree plus six to seven years’ related experience in transportation, logistics, or project management; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Employment with Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. comes with competitive pay and an excellent benefits package including paid vacations, holidays and sick time. Insurance benefits include medical, prescription, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents. The company also provides short term and long term disability, group life insurance, and AD&D. Additionally there is a generous 401K savings plan and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) benefit. We offer company-paid skills training, as well as a Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance program and career and advancement opportunities.